Oregon has a new critic at The Wine Advocate, Erin Brooks, and she’s headed for Oregon in June.
Erin is planning her review of Oregon wines and has invited Oregon winemakers to submit wines for a comprehensive tasting while she visits. If you would like to submit your wines for review, please follow the instructions below:
- Send or deliver your wines and technical sheets to Northwest Distribution and Storage to arrive by Monday, June 4, 2018. The address for shipping or drop off is:
Northwest Distribution & Storage
Oregon Wine Board / The Wine Advocate
1745 Oxford St. SE #150
Salem, OR 97302
- All wine styles and varieties will be accepted, but the samples must not have been previously reviewed by The Wine Advocate.
- Please submit no more than five wines and note that The Wine Advocate’s last Oregon report (issue 232, June 2017) focused on the 2014 and 2015 vintages, so Erin will be reviewing any 2015 vintages that were not tasted last year, as well as 2016/2017 vintages that have been bottled. The main thrust is current releases, although it’s ok for producers to send other vintages if they haven’t been reviewed by The Wine Advocate yet.
- No barrel or tank samples will be accepted.
- Samples can be accepted on a first come, first served basis, with the cut-off at 500 individual wine submissions.
- All cases delivered to Northwest must be labeled “The Wine Advocate Tasting” on all sides.
- Send two bottles of wine per sample if under cork, and one if under screwcap or synthetic closure. All samples must include technical information on the wines (see below). Wines without this information will not be reviewed.
Required Technical Information:
Vineyard Designate/Wine Name
Standard Retail Price
If you have any questions, please contact Sally Murdoch 503-228-8336 x 29