Get ready to spread the word!
You’ve got your distributor ready to go for Oregon Wine Month. Now, what about your winery? It’s not too late to get involved and spread the Oregon Wine Month word to your friends, fans and followers. Here are a few ideas to get you going.
1. Plan an event or special for May. Submit the details to the OWB for inclusion on the consumer events calendar. Stumped for ideas? These are a just a few of the creative concepts from wineries around the state:
- Twosday Toss at Coria Estates
- Budbreak Fiesta at Willakenzie
- Two-for-One Tasting Flights at Valley View Winery
2. Get social with #OregonWineMonth. Visit the “Digital and Social” section of the Oregon Wine Month toolkit to download perfectly-sized pictures for these social media sites including an Oregon Wine Month Facebook cover photo. Find newsletter content, social media post ideas and other inspiration there as well. Use #OregonWineMonth on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and be sure to share the link to www.oregonwinemonth.org in your communications.
3. Let your biggest fans know what’s going on. Invite your consumer community to enter the Oregon Wine Country Dream Weekend Sweepstakes to get them inspired about their next visit to Oregon wine country. By entering the contest, they have the opportunity to win their choice of one of three Oregon wine weekend getaway packages (see the toolkit and sweepstakes page for more details).
4. Be a part of the Oregon Wine story on Facebook. Throughout May and beyond, the people and places that make our industry unique will be showcased on the Oregon Wine Facebook page. A selection of captivating vintage and current photos from around the state that best express our industry’s spirit of community, sustainability and entrepreneurialism will be featured. Upload your images here to share your story.
If you have any questions about Oregon Wine Month 2015, please contact OWB’s marketing manager, Jess Willey. Thank you for your collaboration in helping to make 2015 our best Oregon Wine Month yet!
In case you missed it:
Oregon Wine Month Sales Programs
Five Things to Do Now to Get Ready for Oregon Wine Month