Wine Press Northwest seeks fortified wines produced by Northwest wineries. Fruit from Washington, Oregon or Idaho are eligible for submission to this free competition; grape or non-grape wines and must contain at least 17% alcohol by volume. They can be either dry or sweet.They can be labeled as “Port” or “Port-style” or “dessert wine” or “fortified” or a proprietary name.
Top judged wines from the competition will appear in 20,000 copies of Wine Press Northwest magazine and online at winepressnw.com. Wines earning the top rating of “Outstanding” are eligible for participation in the 21st annual invitation-only Platinum judging held in October. Results will be published in the fall issue of the magazine, released late September, and appear online at winepressnw.com.
Entry Deadline: Friday, June 19
Wines must be received by: Monday, June 22
Judging: Thursday, June 25
Answers to a few commonly asked questions about submitting wines for our peer tastings:
- You are welcome to submit wines that are not yet released. They just need to be the finished products, even if they are not yet labeled.
- You are welcome to submit multiple vintages, as long as all wines are currently available or will soon be available. You may submit one library wine that you believe is showing particularly well.
- Wine Press Northwest peer group judgings are conducted by Eric Degerman of Great Northwest Wine.
For more information email editor Gregg McConnell at firstname.lastname@example.org
To submit your wines:
- Wineries must fill out this form for each wine entered.
- Send two bottles of each wine to:
Wine Press Northwest
333 W Canal Dr
Kennewick, WA 99336