The Oregon Wine Board publishes a touring guide that aspires to include tasting room information for every tasting room in the state. We collect that tasting room information directly from you and your peers. We also share your tasting room details through a web tool called “Explore.” You can see it here.
In 2018 we worked with Travel Oregon to formalize the process for populating their Oregon Tourism Information System (OTIS) with the OWB’s winery data. This provides two significant benefits to all Oregon wineries:
- Wineries will only need to provide tasting room information to one source (OWB’s Explore web tool)
- Tourism partners around the state and consumers around the world can rely on accurate winery data
In anticipation of the upcoming 2020 digital Oregon Wine Touring Guide, which will be available online in February, please take a few minutes to ensure that the information the OWB has on record about your tasting room is accurate.
For convenience, a visual tutorial is available on the tasting room listing toolkit. The deadline for listing edits is Sept. 5.
When you update your tasting room listing, your information will be automatically updated in three important locations:
- Oregon Wine Touring Guide (digital): A refreshed digital guide will be released in February.
- Explore Oregon Wine Tasting Rooms (web): This itinerary tool is an expanded digital version of the Touring Guide’s listings.
- Oregon Tourism Information System (web & database): Your information is made available in this statewide resource as well as on TravelOregon.com
- Tasting Rooms that are open to the public are eligible for a listing on TravelOregon.com, which is powered by OTIS
To confirm your tasting room listing for the February 2020 digital flipbook and more, please verify your information by Sept. 5.
VERIFY YOUR TASTING ROOM INFORMATION NOW
Tasting room information is captured and displayed using our online tool
Listing information such as hours, address and URL are shared in print and online
TravelOregon.com receives 350,000 visitors per month and hosts tasting room listings that are updated by OWB
Leave a comment