Sip Northwest magazine is accepting submissions for its eighth annual Best of the Northwest issue. Published in November 2019, this issue will feature top picks for wine, beer, spirits and cider the region has to offer and will announce the winners in print SIP Northwest’s more than 120,000 readers. The top four winning submissions of each category will be awarded medals and the issue will also cover industry leaders, trends, travel and products.
All tastings will be conducted blind, and the goal is “to provide our readers with unique and original content pertaining to the best of Northwest beverages and create an overall greater consumer awareness and appreciation of our area’s liquid assets.”
To submit wines to the 2019 Best of the NW:
- Please fill out the linked submission form by clicking HERE (or copying the below link* into your browser). After registering or signing in to Enofile, update the wines you are going to submit in Step 1, then move on to Step 2 to select 2019 Sip Northwest Magazine and submit wines. The submission will not be entered in the judging unless the online form is completed.
- Cost of entry is $65 USD for each individual product submission. Payment is accepted by check at the address listed below, or credit card through the Enofile process. Applicable fees must be paid with submission to be entered in the judging.
- Send three (3) samples of each submission of 750ml or four (4) samples of each submission of 500ml or less.
- List the price of the product based on suggested retail price before taxes.
- The product must be currently available in the calendar year of 2019 or by February 1st of 2020.
- All products must be produced in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana or British Columbia.
- Submission receiving deadline is Tuesday, July 23.
*Submission form and payment link: https://enofileonline.com/landing.aspx?competitionID=2555
Red Single Varietal (Grenache, Petit Verdot, Gamay Noir, etc.)
Red Blend – Bordeaux-style (a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Malbec, Petit Verdot and/or Carménère)
Red Blend – Rhone-style (a blend of the red grapes of Rhone Valley origin; Syrah, Mourvèdre, Grenache, Counoise, etc.)
Red Blend – Proprietary (a blend that uses red varieties that originated from all over, “a kitchen sink” blend)
Chardonnay — Unoaked
Chardonnay — Oaked
White Single Varietal (Semillon, Grüner Veltliner, Chenin Blanc, Marsanne, Roussanne, etc.)
All types (2018 vintage only, must be released by October 2019)
All types (including Port-style, late harvest, ice wine, etc.)
*Though unlikely for most, all categories are subject to change if submissions are too low or too high. In the case of lower submissions, wines would be merged into an appropriately fitting category; for higher submissions, a category of its own would be created.
Ship all entries and check payments to the following address:
Sip Northwest Magazine
Attn: BEST OF WINE
1333 N. Northlake Way, Suite E
Seattle, WA 98103
Questions may go to Melissa Miller at email@example.com.