From Kristin Ackerman Bacon, Sip Magazine publisher:
I know harvest is upon us and you’re probably busy getting ready for that, but who couldn’t use a little extra recognition these days? As you might have seen in our recent announcement that this year due to the restrictions with Covid and public gatherings we will be facilitating the 2020 Best of the Northwest wine judging remotely. As we plan for this new format we are trying to get an idea of the number of submissions we will have so we can plan accordingly with our esteemed panel of wine judges.
For the first time, Sip Magazine will host a virtual awards “2020 Best of the Northwest” ceremony where we will announce the top winners in each category with the complete list of winners to follow in the pages of the Fall Best of the NW issue. Deadline to submit product is September 4. Submission link is here.
To submit wines to the 2020 Best of the NW, please follow these rules:
- Cost of entry is $65 USD for each individual product submission. Payment is accepted by credit card when submitting or by check via mail to 1333 N. Northlake Way, Suite E, Seattle, WA 98103. All applicable submission fees must be paid in full by Friday, September 4 to be entered in the judging.
- Please fill out the submission form HERE (or by copying the link below into your browser*) through Enofile. If paying with a credit card, you will pay here. The submission will not be entered in the judging unless the Enofile form is completed.
- Send three (3) samples of each submission of 750ml or four (4) samples of each submission of 500ml or less. For dessert wines, send two (2) samples of each.
- List the price of the product based on suggested retail price before taxes.
- The product must be currently available in the calendar year of 2020 or by February 1st of 2021.
- All products must be produced in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana or British Columbia with fruit grown in one of those regions/states.
- Submission receiving deadline is Friday, September 4.
Please feel free to call 206-467-4578 with any questions.
Leave a comment