Partnership will drive visibility of Oregon Wine A-List Awards program and 2016 winners through advertising and kick-off dinners
The OWB was approached with a last-minute, cost-effective opportunity to partner with Travel Portland on its Portland Dining Month (PDM) promotion in March. As Portland is an important market to many Oregon wineries and has the greatest concentration of Oregon Wine A-List restaurants anywhere, this provides a great opportunity to raise awareness of the Oregon Wine A-List program, support those restaurants that support our industry and encourage diners to drink more Oregon wine.
Oregon Wine A-List restaurants are recognized specifically for their commitment to highlighting wines representing a diverse selection of our state’s acclaimed growing regions. For the complete list of 2016 Oregon Wine A-List Award winners or to learn more about the awards, visit the Oregon Wine A-List Awards website.
The features of the Oregon Wine A-List Awards / Portland Dining Month promotion include:
- Special notation of Oregon Wine A-List restaurants on PDM promotional materials
- Extra exposure of the Oregon Wine A-List Awards through Downtown Portland and Travel Portland social media channels, digital advertising on OregonLive.com and print advertising in The Oregonian‘s special Portland Dining Month section
- Incorporation into PDM press releases and other media outreach, enabling Oregon Wine A-List to reach a different media audience
- A consumer sweepstakes during February to raise awareness of the Oregon Wine A-List among consumers and encourage them to get out and drink Oregon wine during March
- An invitation to participating Oregon Wine A-List restaurants to host a winemaker on Tuesday, Mar. 1 for Oregon Wine Kicks Off Portland Dining Month!
The PDM organizers have contacted the eligible restaurants to invite them to participate in the Oregon Wine Kicks Off Portland Dining Month! opportunity; many have already signed up and are in the process of organizing with their selected winemakers to be on hand and offer a pairing flight with the restaurant’s three-course Portland Dining Month menu.
This concentrated period of activity provides wineries around Oregon a prime opportunity to reach out to these restaurants with their own ideas for partnering with individual restaurants during Portland Dining Month and beyond. Consider pitching a pairing flight, by the glass special or a dinner event of your own to capitalize on the extra exposure these restaurants will be receiving.
The Portland Dining Month 2016 partnership is an exciting first step toward further engaging with the on-premise community and increasing the visibility and value of the Oregon Wine A-List program. It is expected to set a foundation upon which to build on-premise programs with more opportunities and greater lead time for individual wineries to get involved in the future.
The list of Oregon Wine A-List restaurants participating in Portland Dining Month can be found here. If you have any questions about this partnership or the Oregon Wine A-List program, contact Christina DeArment.
About Portland Dining Month, a Travel Portland program: Since 2009, food-loving Portland has dedicated a whole month to celebrating our acclaimed dining scene. With the city’s top restaurants offering three-course meals for just $29, Portland Dining Month gives diners the opportunity to experience one of the nation’s most talked-about culinary destinations — affordably.