JamesSuckling.com Returning to Oregon April 2019
James Suckling contributing editor Nick Stock will be returning to Oregon in April 2019 and hopes to taste 400 of Oregon’s best 2017 Pinot noir and Chardonnays. His last Oregon report, Oregon Displays Collective Greatness was published in November 2018 and 92% of the Oregon wines reviewed had a score of 90 plus. OWB will again be helping facilitate a comprehensive tasting for him, to be held the week of April 29.
For the 2019 report, Nick is inviting Oregon winemakers to submit up to four (4) total 2017 Pinot noir and/or 2017 Chardonnay wines per winery. He has a limited stay in Oregon, and can accept and taste up to 400 wines total, so once this number is reached, no more wine will be accepted. If more than four wines are sent per winery, and we have not yet reached the 400 threshold, we will choose four and the rest will be at Northwest Distribution & Storage for pickup. If you would like to submit your wines for review, please follow the instructions below:
This year is a two-step process; By Friday, April 12, 2019 winemakers must fill out the wines submitted here online. By Friday, April 19, 2019, wines must be received at Northwest Distribution & Storage. Please include a sheet listing what wines are submitted along with tech sheets.
The address and contact for shipping/drop off is:
Northwest Distribution & Storage
Oregon Wine Board/James Suckling
1745 Oxford St. SE #150
Salem, OR 97302
- Only 2017 Pinot noir and Chardonnays will be accepted and reviewed.
- Please submit no more than four wines per winery, and no barrel or tank samples will be accepted.
- Samples can be accepted on a first come, first served basis, with the cut-off at 400 individual winery submissions.
- All cases delivered to Northwest must be labeled “James Suckling” on all sides.
- Send two bottles of wine per sample if under cork, and one if under screwcap or synthetic closure. All samples must include technical information on the wines (see below).
Please include this Technical Information:
- Contact Info, Winery Name
- Vineyard Designate/Wine Name
- Case Production
- Retail Price
If you have any questions, please contact Sally Murdoch at 503-228-8336 x 29 or firstname.lastname@example.org
About JamesSuckling.com: James Suckling is one of the world’s most powerful wine critics, and his scores are widely popularized and used among consumers, collectors and wine trade worldwide, especially in Asia. Combining over three decades of tasting experience — 200,000 wines and counting — and extensive wine knowledge, his dedicated website JamesSuckling.com gives you premium access to more than 60,000 tasting notes and wine ratings. His team of tasters are some of the best in the world. Together with James, they rate more than 18,000 wines a year from all the key regions of the world.