Sip Northwest is now accepting submissions for its sixth annual Best of the Northwest issue! Out in October, this issue will feature the top picks for wine, beer, spirits and cider the region has to offer and will announce the winners in print to more than 120,000 readers. The top three winning submissions of each category will be awarded medals and the issue will also cover industry leaders, trends, travel and products.
The beverages will be tasted blind, with a panel comprised of the Northwest’s top palates, judges and professionals, whose verdict will be relayed onto the pages of the issue. Sip Northwest’s goal is to provide its readers with unique and original content pertaining to the best of Northwest beverages and create an overall greater consumer awareness and appreciation of our area’s liquid assets.
To submit wines to the 2017 Best of the NW, please use the below rules for entry:
- Cost of entry is $60 for each individual product submission. Payment is accepted by check at the address listed below, or credit card by clicking here. The applicable fees must be paid with submission to be entered in the judging.
- Please fill out the linked submission form. The forms are divided into three (3) sections and can be accessed by clicking on each: red, white and rosé/sparkling/dessert wines. Each form provides for up to five (5) submissions. If you are submitting more than five (5) products, submit one form and start a second (or third) until you are finished. The submission will not be entered in the judging unless the form is completed.
- Send three (3) samples of each submission of 750ml or four (4) samples of each submission of 500ml or less.
- Do not send more than two (2) submissions per category. For example, if you produce multiple Cabernet Sauvignons, please only send two as that is all that will be judged for that category.
- List the price of the product based on suggested retail price before taxes.
- The product must be currently available in the calendar year of 2017 or by Feb. 1, 2018.
- All products must be produced in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Alaska or British Columbia.
- Submission receiving deadline is Monday, Jul. 10.
Ship all entries and check payment to the following address:
Sip Northwest Magazine
Attn: Best Of
1333 N. Northlake Way, Suite E
Seattle, WA 98103
For personal delivery, please call 206-467-4578.
Sangiovese (NEW CATEGORY)
Carménère (NEW CATEGORY)
Grenache (NEW CATEGORY)
Red Single Varietal (Mourvedre, Petit Verdot, Gamay Noir, etc.)
Red Blend – Bordeaux-style (a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Malbec, Petit Verdot and/or Carménère)
Red Blend – Rhone-style (a blend of the red grapes of Rhone Valley origin; Syrah, Mourvèdre, Grenache, Counoise, etc.)
Red Blend – Proprietary (a blend that uses red varieties that originated from all over, “a kitchen sink” blend)
Chardonnay — Unoaked (NEW CATEGORY)
Chardonnay — Oaked
Albariño (NEW CATEGORY)
Grüner Veltliner (NEW CATEGORY)
White Single Varietal (Semillon, Chenin Blanc, Marsanne, Roussanne, etc.)
All types (2016 vintage only, must be released by October 2017)
All types (including Port-style, late harvest, ice wine, etc.)