Due to the holiday next week, we have arranged for an extension to submit wine for Sip Magazine’s 10th Annual Best of the NW competition. They’d love to see a great showing from Oregon and are accepting submissions through Friday September 10, 2021.
The winners will be featured in the pages of the annual “Best of the Northwest” print issue. New this year, this issue will be distributed and replenished around the Northwest for 1 full year, Nov 2021-Nov 2022. In addition they will once again host a virtual awards ceremony where they will announce the top winners in each category with a complete list of winners to follow in the magazine.
Out in November, this annual print collector’s issue will feature the top picks for wine, beer, spirits, cider and seltzer the region has to offer. The top four winning submissions of each category will be awarded medals. The issue will also cover industry leaders, trends and products.
The beverages will be tasted blind, with a panel comprised of the Northwest’s top palates, judges and professionals, whose verdict we will relay onto the pages of the issue. The goal is to provide readers with unique and original content pertaining to the best of Northwest beverages and create an overall greater consumer awareness and appreciation of our area’s liquid assets.
To submit wines to the 2021 Best of the NW, please use the below rules for entry:
- Cost of entry is $65 USD for each individual product submission. Payment is accepted by credit card when submitting or by check via mail to 1333 N. Northlake Way, Suite E, Seattle, WA 98103.
All applicable submission fees must be paid in full by Friday, September 10th, 2021 to be entered in the judging.
- Please fill out the submission form HERE (or by copying the link below into your browser*) through Enofile. If paying with a credit card, you will pay here.
The submission will not be entered in the judging unless the Enofile form is completed.
- Send three (3) samples of each submission of 750ml or four (4) samples of each submission of 500ml or less. For dessert wines, send two (2) samples of each.
For canned wines, send four (4) samples of each.
- List the price of the product based on suggested retail price before taxes.
- The product must be currently available through the calendar year of 2021.
- All products must be produced in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana or British Columbia with fruit grown in one of those regions/states.
- Submission receiving deadline is Friday, September 10th, 2021.
Payment and submission link is here.
Full details here.
1) Carefully package all glass-format products, as shipping companies are not always gentle.
2) Please do not use packing peanuts or popcorn.
3) Ship all entries to the following address:
Sip Magazine c/o Seattle Wine Storage
ATTN: Best of Wine
9401 Aurora Ave N, Seattle, WA 98103
For in-person delivery, submissions are accepted at the above address between 12-6pm daily (excluding holidays).
Sip Magazine is an award-winning publication covering the wine, beer, spirits and cider of the Pacific Northwest and beyond at SipMagazine.com. Please join us in finding the best of the year to highlight and showcase in this issue. Thank you!
Check out the current issue of Sip Magazine HERE