In its 51st year of existence, the American Wine Society (AWS) invites commercial wineries to compete in the 2018 AWS Commercial Wine Competition being held Oct. 30-31. The AWS is the largest consumer-based wine organization in the United States. It has conducted this prestigious Commercial Wine Competition annually for over 30 years.
This Competition provides national recognition for your winery among both consumers and wine industry professionals. Judges for the AWS Commercial Wine Competition are both AWS trained and certified judges and professional experts from the wine industry.
AWS offers these reasons to submit wines to the AWS Commercial Wine Competition:
- The Competition now includes categories for wines, meads, ciders, and distilled spirits.
- Medal winners will receive national exposure among our members, consumers, and the wine industry
- Winners receive physical medals with bottle neck ribbons and digital medal graphics suitable for websites and marketing
- Press Releases will be issued acknowledging Best in Class award winning wines.
- Award winning wines will be publicized in AWS communications to over 9,000 wine enthusiasts and aficionados throughout North America.
- Medal winning wines will be showcased at a special tasting at this year’s national AWS Conference and at other wine events throughout the year.
- Medal Winners will be posted on American Wine Society websites, which will provide national recognition.
- A portion of the competition proceeds benefit our Education Foundation, providing college scholarships to students in wine related fields of study
The deadline to enter is Oct. 22. Visit the AWS website for more information.