The 2016-2017 Oregon Winegrowers Association (OWA) professional membership satisfaction survey is now available. They are asking for full participation as they use this data to evaluate current programs and create more advantageous membership benefits. They ask for member input just once each year, and the survey takes only 5-7 minutes. Plus you can be entered in to win one of three $100 gift cards.
As you reflect on the questions in the survey, keep in mind a few of OWA’s recent accomplishments:
- Launched the Reference Toolbox, a dynamic, online business support center OWA members can access to learn more about the regulatory, policy and legislative environments critical to their business.
- Secured the first allocation of state General Fund money for the wine industry despite a difficult budget climate. The Oregon Wine Board will use the $500,000 over the next two years for additional scientific research and marketing activities that will benefit the entire industry.
- Advocated for a fix to change a 2016 Bureau of Labor and Industries interpretation that manufacturing employers (incl. wineries) must calculate daily and weekly overtime and pay both, reverting back to a long-standing practice of calculating daily and weekly overtime and paying the higher of the two. Oregon wineries could save significantly during crush.
- Hosted timely seminars with the U.S. Department of Labor and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security Immigration and Customs Enforcement in response to membership concerns about legal requirements and enforcement activities.
- Lined up with Washington County growers and wineries to seek a modification to an adopted ordinance that could require existing wineries to seek new permits and subject their basic operating practices to a new county review process.
If you are a professional member of the OWA, please take the survey now.