Wine Press Northwest Magazine is seeking Syrah wines produced by Northwest wineries with fruit from Washington, Oregon or Idaho. Entries must be at least 75% of the variety.
Top judged wines from the competition will appear in 20,000 copies of Wine Press Northwest magazine and online at winepressnw.com. Wines earning the top rating of “Outstanding” are eligible for participation in the 21st annual invitation-only Platinum judging held in October.
Entry Deadline: Friday, January, 24
Wines must be received by: Monday, January 27. Judging will be held on Thursday, January 30
Results will be published in the spring issue of the magazine, released late March, and appear online at winepressnw.com.
Answers to a few commonly asked questions:
- There is no charge for entries.
- You are welcome to submit wines that are not yet released. They just need to be the finished products, even if they are not yet labeled.
- You are welcome to submit multiple vintages, as long as all wines are currently available or will soon be available.
- Please do not submit library wines unless we specifically request them.
- Wine Press Northwest peer group judgings are conducted by Eric Degerman of Great Northwest Wine.
For more information, email editor Gregg McConnell at firstname.lastname@example.org
To submit your wines:
Send two bottles of each wine to:
Wine Press Northwest
333 W Canal Dr
Kennewick, WA 99336
Submission form is here.