Submissions are now being accepted for the 2018 Best of the Northwest Wine from Sip Northwest, an award-winning publication covering the wine, beer, spirits and cider of the Pacific Northwest.
From the team at Sip Northwest:
We are now accepting submissions for our seventh annual Best of the Northwest issue! Out in October, this issue will feature the top picks for wine, beer, spirits and cider the region has to offer and will announce the winners in print to more than 120,000 readers. The top three winning submissions of each category will be awarded medals and the issue will also cover industry leaders, trends, travel and products.
The beverages will be tasted blind, with a panel comprised of the Northwest’s top palates, judges and professionals, whose verdict we will relay onto the pages of the issue. Our goal is to provide our readers with unique and original content pertaining to the best of Northwest beverages and create an overall greater consumer awareness and appreciation of our area’s liquid assets.
To submit wines to the 2018 Best of the NW, please use the below rules for entry:
- Cost of entry is $60 USD for each individual product submission. Payment is accepted by check at the address listed below, or via credit card. The applicable fees must be paid with submission to be entered in the judging.
- Please fill out the linked submission form by clicking HERE (or copying the below link* into your browser). After registering or signing in to Enofile, update the wines you are going to submit in Step 1, then move on to Step 2 to select 2018 Sip Northwest Magazine and submit wines. The submission will not be entered in the judging unless the online form is completed.
- Send three (3) samples of each submission of 750ml or four (4) samples of each submission of 500ml or less.
- Do not send more than two (2) submissions per category. For example, if you produce multiple Cabernet Sauvignons, please only send two as that is all that will be judged for that category.
- List the price of the product based on suggested retail price before taxes.
- The product must be currently available in the calendar year of 2018 or by Feb. 1, 2019.
- All products must be produced in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana or British Columbia.
- Submission receiving deadline is Friday, July 13.
*Submission and payment link: https://enofileonline.com/landing.aspx?competitionID=2424
THE CATEGORIES ARE:
Red Single Varietal (Grenache, Petit Verdot, Gamay Noir, etc.)
Red Blend – Bordeaux-style (a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Malbec, Petit Verdot and/or Carménère)
Red Blend – Rhône-style (a blend of the red grapes of Rhone Valley origin; Syrah, Mourvèdre, Grenache, Counoise, etc.)
Red Blend – Proprietary (a blend that uses red varieties that originated from all over, “a kitchen sink” blend)
Chardonnay — Unoaked
Chardonnay — Oaked
White Single Varietal (Semillon, Grüner Veltliner, Chenin Blanc, Marsanne, Roussanne, etc.)
All types (2017 vintage only, must be released by October 2018)
All types (including Port-style, late harvest, ice wine, etc.)
Ship all entries and check payment to the following address:
Sip Northwest Magazine
Attn: Best Of
1333 N. Northlake Way, Suite E
Seattle, WA 98103
For personal delivery or any questions with registration/submission, please email Melissa Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org.