All tasting rooms to receive complimentary listing
The Oregon Wine Board was among the first recipients of funding from Oregon’s Wine Country License Plate grant program. The award will be used to create, produce and distribute 50,000 copies of a new statewide Oregon Wine touring guide, which will be available in spring 2016. The guide will showcase our growing industry and diverse wine regions in a way that has never been done before, providing an excellent resource for wine consumers planning trips to Oregon. It will also address one of the most frequent requests from prospective wine country visitors.
This premium, four-color, magazine-quality guide will include:
- New custom editorial content to inspire and inform visitors
- Photography showcasing the beauty of Oregon’s diverse growing regions
- Profiles of each major wine touring region
- A comprehensive directory of all Oregon wine tasting rooms including address and contact information
- Street-level maps with place pins for easy reference
- A digital, mobile-friendly version hosted on the Oregon Wine consumer website
- Broad distribution across the Northwest and to consumers anywhere who request it directly
Important information about action required in October by industry members:
Be sure your winery / tasting room listing is correct
In order to ensure the directory is as accurate and complete as possible, the OWB needs your help in compiling and proofreading your tasting room information. This process will begin by mid-October. Please respond to these requests so that your business is represented correctly in the guide.
Take advantage of advertising opportunities
To augment the complimentary directory listings, there will be the opportunity for any winery or vineyard to purchase ad space in the guide, from 1/6 of a page to a full page. Advertising space will begin to be sold in early October. An early bird rate will apply throughout October, with wineries and vineyards receiving a 14% discount off the regular rate and Oregon Winegrowers Association professional members receiving a 20% discount off the regular rate. Keep an eye out for further communication about these opportunities.
If you have questions about the guide please contact OWB marketing manager Jess Willey. Otherwise watch your inbox for more information about your profile and advertising opportunities.