In its 50th year of existence, the American Wine Society (AWS) invites your winery to compete in the 2017 AWS Commercial Wine Competition being held Oct. 31 – Nov. 2. The AWS is the largest consumer-based wine organization in the U.S. It has conducted this prestigious Commercial Wine Competition annually for more than 30 years.
The Competition provides national recognition for wineries among both consumers and wine industry professionals. Judges for the AWS Commercial Wine Competition are both AWS trained and certified judges and professional experts from the wine industry. AWS judges have completed a rigorous 3 level certification that includes a disciplined approach to wine fault identification, component analysis, viticulture, and extensive wine evaluation and rating.
Benefits for medal winners of the 2017 AWS Commercial Wine Competition include:
- Medal winners will receive national exposure among AWS members, consumers, and the wine industry.
- Press releases will be issued acknowledging Best in Class award winning wines.
- Your award winning wines will be publicized in AWS communications to over 9,000 wine enthusiasts and aficionados throughout North America.
- Medal winning wines will be showcased at a special tasting at this year’s national AWS Conference and at other wine events throughout the year.
- Medal Winners will be posted on American Wine Society websites, which will provide national recognition.