Read the letter crafted by the Oregon Winegrowers Association with input from industry partners and delivered to Oregon’s state and federal lawmakers on behalf of the industry.
- Emergency Declaration Enforcement FAQs (Oregon State Police, March 24, 2020)
- Governor Kate Brown Tightens Social Distancing Measures, Tells Oregonians to “Stay Home, Save Lives” (March 23, 2020)
- OLCC Delivery, Curbside Pickup Rules Eased to Help Industry (oregon.gov, March 19, 2020)
- Governor Kate Brown Announces New Statewide Actions on COVID-19 (oregon.gov, March 16, 2020)
- Oregon wineries, bottle shops are ready to stand and deliver during coronavirus outbreak (Oregonian / oregonlive.com)
- Producer Updates: Wine (Sip Northwest)
- The Willamette Valley Wineries Association Launches Site to Help Navigate COVID-19 Crisis (Wine & Spirits Magazine)
- #KeepWineAlive: Deals From Wineries in Trying Times (Vinography)
- Global: World Health Organization
- National: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Oregon: Oregon Health Authority – sign up for OHA email updates here
- Legal & Regulatory: Oregon Winegrowers Association (includes resources on employment, small business loans, OLCC licenses and TTB updates)
- Tourism Guidance: Travel Oregon COVID-19 Toolkit (includes media talking points, travel recommendations and visitor communication recommendations)
- Agricultural: Oregon Department of Agriculture
- Small Business Administration Disaster Loan Assistance (now available to businesses in all Oregon counties)
- Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers (CDC)
- COVID-19 Related Business Layoffs, Closures, and Unemployment Insurance Benefits (alt: PDF, March 16) (Oregon Employment Department)
- SBA to Provide Disaster Assistance Loans for Small Businesses Impacted by Coronavirus (Small Business Association, March 12)
- Coronavirus Financial Resources for Businesses (Business Oregon)
- Added 3/26: Work Share Oregon (“Work Share provides Oregon businesses an alternative to layoffs,” oregon.gov)
- Same-day delivery permit application (OLCC)
- Approved for-hire carriers list (OLCC)
- Added 3/19: COVID-19 Legal Update: Beer and Wine Deliveries and To-Go Orders for Oregon Businesses (Stoel Reeves, March 17)
- Added 3/20: COVID-19 Temporary Changes: Off-Premises Sales & Delivery (OLCC)
STAY IN TOUCH
Our resident millennial has put together some advice on virtual meetings make our new virtual life just a little more manageable.
- OWB COVID Bulletins – See archive of industry emails related to COVID-19
- OWB Newsletter – See previous editions and sign up if you are not already receiving the Grapevine or other official notices from the OWB
- Oregon Wine Industry Collaboration Space (Facebook group) – managed by OWB, open to all members of Oregon wine industry
If you have temporary positions to fill, post them to the OWB’s Marketplace and we’ll help get the word out to industry members looking for work.
Seen or heard of people / businesses in our community going out of their way to help others? We’re looking for anecdotes, so please let us know what positive examples you know of so that in turn we can help spotlight the good being done.
KEEP BUSINESS GOING
- Shipping included with 6-bottle purchase
- Offering tasting room exclusive wines for sale
- Including branded swag with purchase
- Complimentary delivery within a certain radius
- Curb-side pick-up at the tasting room
What are you doing, or seeing others do, to help keep sales going at this time? Let us know.
Consider if online events – such as tastings, education, taking people behind the scenes in the cellar, or winemaker conversations – make sense for your businesses. Social platforms allow easy live-streaming to bring viewers inside your winery walls from anywhere in the world. A “Virtual Events” category has been added to the oregonwine.org consumer calendar. Click here to add your event and select “Virtual Events” so we can help promote.
This downtime can be an opportunity to invest in staff development for those not able to fulfill their regular duties.
- Wine Club Management webinars from VingDirect – Three previously recorded 2-part webinars on building and sustaining your wine club from June 2019
- Updated 3/24: Outbound Phone Sales Mastery live online course from WISE Academy (March 30, April 1, April 6, 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m) – Register for only $200 (normally $700) or contact WISE Academy if you are unable to pay at this time and would still like to attend
- Oregon Wine Symposium recordings – We’ve removed the password protection to make Symposium 2020 content available to all immediately
- Napa Valley Wine Academy online courses – Use code OREGON20 to receive 20% off on select courses including Oregon Wine Expert and American Wine Expert
- Study Oregon Wine through the in-depth materials in the Oregon Wine Resource Studio, including the 4-part Learn Oregon trade curriculum
OREGON WINE INDUSTRY EVENT UPDATES
- Crush on Oregon | Oregon Winegrowers Association | Postponed, date TBD
- Pour Oregon | Cellar 503 | Rescheduled to June 28
- Willamette: The Pinot Noir Auction | WVWA | Moving online, April 3-4
- Oregon Pinot Camp | WVWA | Cancelled for 2020
- Greatest of the Grape | UVWA | Rescheduled to Sept. 12
- Umpqua Valley Barrel Tour | UVWA | Postponed, date TBD