The Giving Season is a holiday campaign open to all Oregon wineries to promote gifting and giving back in the lead-up to Thanksgiving. The promotion will run from Oct. 26 – Nov. 26 and has two objectives:
- To promote DTC sales (online and in-person) during the very important holiday season, especially considering the expected slowdowns in on-premise sales and tasting room traffic; and
- To display Oregon’s generosity and resiliency given this year’s challenges
Originated by the Willamette Valley Wineries Association, the Oregon Wine Board is collaborating with regional partners to extend The Giving Season program statewide, so that all Oregon wineries have the opportunity to benefit. Wineries that choose to participate will be asked to provide a “gift” (details below) and share the promotion through their consumer channels. The OWB and participating regional associations will support wineries through promotion in paid and owned channels.
The deadline to enroll is Oct. 14.
To support those wineries that opt-in to participate, OWB will:
- Act as administrative resource to collaborate with regional associations to orchestrate promotion statewide
- Build promotional webpage on oregonwine.org to describe program and host participating wineries
- Produce and share promotional graphics for participants statewide
- Promote the activation on OWB’s owned channels (80,000 consumers) as well as paid digital channels (up to $10,000)
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
STEP 1 – Choose at least one of the following gifts:
- Designate one or more SKUs available for purchase (must be available online) and donate a portion of proceeds from that SKU to the charity of your choice. The donation amount and charity is up to you but must be clearly communicated to consumers. Designating multiple SKUs is welcome but not required. [this is a gift to our community]
- Offer a unique experience (on-premise or virtual) such as reserve tasting, vineyard tour, etc. as gift with purchase (we recommend a minimum purchase of 3 bottles or $50) [this is a gift to your consumer]
- Offer a purchase discount of at least 10% on select items of your choice (must be available online) [this is a gift to your consumer]
STEP 2 – Prepare to share your promotion details with your audience:
- Enroll to participate by Oct. 14 by completing the form below (if you’re participating in the WVWA’s Giving Season you do not need to register here. Your WVWA registration will be shared with OWB.)
- Explain your promotional details clearly on your website
- Starting Oct. 26 share the promotion with your followers via social media, website, or other (graphics and language will be provided prior to campaign launch)
STEP 3 [OPTIONAL] – Record a short video on your phone that’s 15–20 seconds long and includes any heartfelt message of thanks, encouragement, or even a simple cheers. This is optional but encouraged and submissions will be shared via social media. Send videos to Kai McMurtry at email@example.com or (857) 891-3904.
Enrollment for the 2020 Giving Season closed on October 14. Thank you for your interest.
DOWNLOAD GRAPHICS AND ASSETS
Statewide and Regional Graphics
Digital graphics in various formats are available for download for use on social media, websites and in e-newsletters. Graphics for statewide use (Oregon wine) as well as regionally specific versions (for ex. Willamette Valley) are available.
Make Your Own
Transparent wordmark files for “The Giving Season” are also available if you’d prefer to make your own assets specific to your Giving Season promotion.
Between the breathless rush of harvest, and the patience of the winter’s cellar work, we welcome the festive energy of the holidays—and with them a chance to give back to the communities we call home with Oregon wine gifts, donations and specials.
The Giving Season is our gift to you. After a year full of unexpected obstacles, we found ways to come together (even when far apart) to keep our community strong. Now is our chance to express our gratitude. Gather safely with your loved ones for a special holiday tasting or winery event, take advantage of seasonal deals online or in person, or join us in giving back.
Hashtag your posts #orgivingseason and #oregonwine and tag @oregonwineboard on all platforms.