Tom Danowski – President & CEO
- Annual business plan development & execution, including staff management
- Partner with OWB Directors, regional associations, industry members and academic institutions
- Champion Oregon’s wine industry, and its positive impact, to global media as well as to policy influencers
- Alliance Partner Management (WA St. Wine Comm., CA Wine Institute, Dep’t. of Ag., Travel Oregon etc.)
- Long-range forecasting and org. capabilities assessments
Tom is a proven general manager and operating executive with exceptional experience from iconic global companies including Coca-Cola, Starbucks and the Chateau Ste. Michelle Winery. He has been in his role with the Oregon Wine Board since 2011. Tom has successfully served as a chief marketing officer and as COO with P & L responsibility for divisions of publicly-traded and private-equity owned companies. His background enables him to build out and lead teams that quickly connect marketplace insights to strategic imperatives and deliver business results.
Born and raised in the Pacific Northwest, Tom graduated Phi Beta Kappa from the University of Oregon and has also completed executive education programs at Dartmouth’s Tuck School of Business and the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School.
Marie Chambers – VP Operations and Finance
- Oversee International Marketing, Industry Education, Trade Education and Trade Relations activities and events
- Accounting and Financial Reporting
- State Government Reporting
- Human Resources
- Research Grant Administration
- International Grant Administration
Marie joined the Oregon Wine Board in December 2013. Marie brings a breadth and depth of experience in finance and business planning from her previous position at Kiewit Infrastructure West, Co., one of North America’s largest construction, mining and engineering organizations. Marie grew up in Medford, Oregon and earned a bachelor’s degree in business administration from Saint Mary’s College of California.
Neil Ferguson – Director of Marketing
- Oregon Wine Month consumer program development and management
- Oregon Wine Flies Free program
- Bi-annual Oregon Wine Touring Guide production & distribution and digital update
- Oregon Wine Board social media messaging, management, and tracking
- Oregon Wine brand identity development and brand toolkit maintenance
- Oregonwine.org webmaster
- Manager for all consumer communications
Neil joined the Oregon Wine Board in 2021. He brings a unique range of experience in communications, marketing, and journalism to the table. Most recently, Neil has worked in the world of agriculture and commodity promotion. It was here that he discovered his passion for telling the stories of farmers and producers through creative and results-driven initiatives. Neil’s diverse skill set, flexibility, and open-minded approach make him well-suited to communicate and serve a constantly evolving industry.
Neil earned a B.A. in English and Communications from the University of Texas at Austin, where he lived for ten years before moving to the Pacific Northwest. Based in Portland, Neil enjoys exploring the beautiful state on his bicycle, seeing live music, visiting wineries, and discovering new culinary experiences.
Linea Gagliano – Director of Communications
- Liaison between the state’s 800+ wineries and local and national wine, travel and lifestyle media
- Statewide host for wine writers in Oregon and visiting Oregon
- Head of the Information Sharing Task Force (ISTF)
Linea joined the Oregon Wine Board staff in September 2022. For her entire career she has focused on tourism and hospitality. She served 12+ years at Travel Oregon as the Industry and Public Affairs Manager and the Director of Communications, overseeing all consumer and industry communications. Much of that work focused on the special story of Oregon wine, winemakers and why the state is a special place to grow, make and drink wine.
Linea brings a breadth of media experience and a deep pool of journalist relationships with her into this role. She earned a B.A. in Journalism for Public Relations and a B.A. in European Studies from Colorado State University. Linea lives in Milwaukie with her husband, two boys and two rowdy dogs.
Bree Stock MW – Director of Education
- Oregon Wine Symposium content development and Education Committee admin
- Community Benchmark & WISE Academy grant partnership
- Oregon Wine Month education webinars
- Global training & masterclass management
- Oregon Wine Profit Planner maintenance and promotion
- Northwest Wine Certification & “Learn Oregon” development and delivery
- Industry education workshops
Bree, a Master of Wine specializing in wine education development, joined the Oregon Wine Board in April 2017. Bree is Australian-born with over two decades of international experience in the wine industry in Canada, the US and Australia. Her wine career began in Canada with sommelier and buying roles in Vancouver and Nova Scotia. In Australia, she has held key account sales and brand management positions with Australia’s family owned DeBortoli Wines and was director of sales and buying with The Spanish Acquisition, a premium Spanish and Portuguese wine importer.
An independent wine industry management consultant since 2008 specializing in education program development and sensory training and certified WSET educator since 2008 and Master of Wine since 2016, she lectures across all levels of the WSET certification and produces wine education programs for both trade organizations and consumers in Canada, the US and Australia. Extensive travels and wine judging through the wine regions of the Mediterranean, Central and Eastern Europe, the US, South Africa, and Australia have informed her market presentations and writings for wine publications Alquimie, Hardie Grant and Gourmet Traveler Wine, as have consulting vintage positions in Australia, Austria, Georgia, Portugal and Oregon.
David DeWitt – Manager of Trade Relations
- Oregon Wine Resource Studio (trade.oregonwine.org)
- Oregon Wine Month trade program development and management
- Global Master Class coordination incl. trade recruitment, logistics, and assessment
- Regional Marketing Association Partnerships
David joined the Oregon Wine Board in 2021. For nearly two decades his wine experience has been in retail, distribution, and working for the Pacific Northwest’s largest supplier. His roles have been in sales, management, and marketing. With a proven track record in multi-channel trade and business development for both international and domestic wineries, he has a robust understanding of the industry. Serving the wine industry has allowed him to travel to many of the world’s premier winegrowing regions.
David, a Michigan native, graduated from the University of Oregon with a degree in Business Administration and Environmental Studies. While attending college David fell in love with Oregon wine. When he is not working you may find him skiing on a mountain, foraging in the forest, or spending time with his family and friends.
Celine Fauveau – Manager of Insights & Industry Relations
- Supporting the administration of the OWB’s scientific research (V&E program)
- Managing communications and activities to drive industry engagement in OWB’s programming
- Directing market and industry research initiatives
- Coordinating grant funding applications and required reporting
- Symposium marketing
Céline joined the Oregon wine board in August 2022. For over two decades, Céline’s wine experience combined technical and marketing aspects. She held various positions ranging from technical consultant to brand management and product development. Working for the Lallemand and Laffort groups, global leaders in wine ingredients and biotechnology has allowed her to travel to most of the world’s winegrowing regions and to make long-lasting connections at every level in the industry: winemakers, researchers, equipment, and ingredient suppliers…
Born in France, Céline became a US citizen in 2019. She graduated from the University of Toulouse, France, with a degree in Food Science and a master’s in Enology (French national diploma of enologist DNO). She has also completed marketing education programs at the University of Rotterdam in the Netherlands.
When she is not working, you may find her with her family by the ocean, foraging in the forest or in her kitchen, cooking, or sitting around the table with friends. (If you still cannot find her, you may want to try the local thrift store…)
Stacey Kohler – Executive Assistant
- Board liaison
- Manage Board meetings
- Co-manage workflow for the Executive Director
- Office Administration
- Industry Awards coordinator
Stacey joined the OWB in October 2017. Her experience working as an Executive Assistant includes both the public and private sectors.
Stacey is a native Oregonian and graduated from Portland State University with a B.S. in Psychology. She lives in West Linn with her husband and four boys.