On Sept. 16, 2020, OWB hosted a webinar on the impacts of wildfire smoke on grapes and wine.
This session featured research scientists, a representative from USDA’s Risk Management Agency, and winemakers who have experience with smoke-affected grapes.
This presentation is intended for Oregon vineyard and winery owners.
Watch Webinar Recording
- Dr. Greg Jones, climatologist and director of the Evenstad Center for Wine Education at Linfield University
- Ben Thiel, Director of USDA Risk Management Agency for OR, WA, ID & AK
- Dr. Elizabeth Tomasino, associate professor of enology at Oregon State University
- Dr. Caroline Merrell, R&D chemist at Jackson Family Wines
- Alisa Jacobsen, VP of winemaking at Joel Gott WinesMore Resources from the WebinarQ&A Transcript (coming soon)
More Resources from the Webinar
- Bucket Fermentations at Jackson Family Wines (slides from Dr. Caroline Merrell)
- What We Have Learned (slides from Alisa Jacobsen)
Leave a comment