Awards organizers are seeking to expand Oregon representation for 2017 Awards
The organizers of the TEXSOM International Wine Awards have let OWB know that they are hoping to see an increase in Oregon wine participation and diversity in the 2017 Awards to help fulfill their mission of offering wine professionals and consumers in the U.S. a look at what is happening in the world of wine.
The TEXSOM International Wine Awards is unique among American competitions due to its international slate of judges, the diversity of wines from both the U.S. and worldwide, and the number of older vintages and verticals that are entered. This ensures that not only do the wines get judged in a fair manner, but also that they are exposed to importers and distributors wishing to complete their portfolios.
Below are submission details and benefits for awards winners.
Submissions before Jan. 31
$105 + 4 bottles of wine per entry
Wine delivery by Feb. 1
Late Expedited Submission Period
After Jan. 31
$120 + 4 bottles of wine per entry
Special arrangements will need to be made for expedited wine delivery via next day shipping
Benefits for Award Winners
- Award-winning wines announced via social media, email messaging, website, press release, publication partners
- The entire list of award-winning wines will be presented online by the presenting sponsor, Texas Monthly
- Listing of all award-winning wines and featured content on select award-winners in the magazine Sommelier, TEXSOM’s print magazine targeted toward sommeliers, wine buyers, other beverage professionals, and engaged consumers
- Exposure to TEXSOM’s international network of sommeliers and wine buyers with a tasting of medal-winning wines at the TEXSOM conference hospitality suites in August 2017
- Award-winning wines presented at events throughout the country through wine tastings, wine dinners and special events with restaurant and retail partners
- Award-winning wines featured on the TEXSOM International Wine Awards website throughout the calendar year
- Results available through the TEXSOM International Wine Awards searchable online database
- Recognition of the quality of your wines by a group of the best palates in the country, including the judges and Sommelier Panel. The Sommelier Panel is unique to TEXSOM International Wine Awards. The Panel consists of prominent sommeliers from around the country who write expository content following the awarding of medals by judges during the blind tasting.