The Oregon Wine Board has launched a new closed Facebook group called the Oregon Wine Industry Collaboration Space. This new online community is open to all employees of Oregon wineries, vineyards and regional associations across the state and will be an informal platform to discuss issues, ask questions and collaborate. It will also serve as an easy way to stay apprised of updates and time-sensitive action items from the OWB. Whether you work in sales, marketing, grapegrowing, production – or wear many of those hats – you are encouraged to join this group to get connected with your colleagues around Oregon.
In an effort to maintain the Oregon Wine Industry Collaboration Space as a secure place to discuss industry-sensitive issues, each person who requests to join the group will be asked which Oregon winery, vineyard or regional association they work for and their membership will be approved by an OWB employee.
OWB staff will respond to any questions directed to us within one business day. However, the hope is that this group will be used as a platform for our industry to work together statewide, beyond OWB-led initiatives.
Examples of topics that could be discussed in the Oregon Wine Industry Collaboration Space include:
- Media inquiries received by OWB communications manager
- Upcoming educational opportunities
- Links to published technical and business research
- Marketing programming and event announcements/deadlines
- Collaborative discussions around POS systems, equipment or supplies
- Articles on wine industry topics or exciting Oregon wine media coverage
- Updates during extreme weather conditions or other emergencies
- Whatever you want to talk about!
Due to the ever-changing and sometimes unpredictable nature of social media, the OWB team thanks you in advance for your flexibility and patience as we navigate this new initiative. If you have any questions, please email Christina DeArment.