Hawk Aerial’s proprietary Enhanced Vegetation Index (EVI) vineyard mapping service has been developed to specifically quantify vigor in grapevines. Hawk Aerial is offering FREE 10-acre trials of their EVI vine-vigor mapping service. This offer carries no obligations – they want to provide viticulture professionals with the opportunity to use and evaluate our precision data-collection and analysis services. This offer is good through Jul. 15.
- This one-time limited offer includes one flight yielding four maps of your 10-acre area of interest.
- This promotion is open to commercial vineyard operators, vineyard consultants and viticulturists in CA, OR and WA.
- This offer is subject to availability, so book soon to have Hawk Aerial drone pilots fly your field and electronically deliver your EVI vigor map package. Submit the contact form and they will get in touch shortly.
The EVI map package consists of the following:
- RGB – this color (Red/Green/Blue) orthomosaic map is a detailed visual depiction of the vineyard at the time the analytical map images were taken.
- PureVine_EVI_Absolute – this Enhanced Vegetation Index map shows discrete vigor values for vine data only (cover crop suppressed). It can be zoomed in on for detailed analysis of very small areas of interest. It is scaled to a set (or absolute) standard, allowing comparison over time and with other parcels.
- EVI_Surface_3m_Absolute – this EVI map has been “smoothed” by averaging vine vigor data within 3 meters of each pixel. This allows visual analysis by areas of the vineyard. This map also suppresses cover crop and is scaled to a set (or absolute) standard, allowing comparison over time and with other parcels.
- EVI_Surface_3m_Relative – this EVI map is the same as the EVI_Surface_3m_Absolute map except that the colorization has been scaled to a stretched (or relative) standard to provide greater visual contrast, highlighting areas of different vigor levels.
If interested, Hawk Aerial will be in Oregon several times during Jun. 8-15. For more information about their EVI map products, please visit their website.