|Company||Brandborg Vineyard and Winery|
|Company Type||Winery Only|
|Category||Cellar, Lab or Production|
|Description||Brandborg Vineyard and Winery|
345 First Street
Elkton, Oregon 97436
Contact: Terry Brandborg [email protected] 541-584-2870
Cellar harvest interns play an integral part in making the highest quality wine possible. Interns participate in all aspects of harvest work including processing and sorting grapes, crush pad operation and sanitation, punch-downs, pump-overs, loading presses, barreling down wine, racking wine, and cleaning. There will be lots of cleaning.
The job is physically demanding and continues for seven days a week starting with the first fruit pick, until the last wine is in barrel. We work hard, and eat well all with the goal of producing premium wines.
- Grape sorting and processing
- Juice and wine racking and transfers
- Daily punch-downs
- Winery facility and equipment cleaning
- Processing equipment cleaning, sanitation, and operation
- Assisting with nutrient additions, sampling, and harvest winery lab work
- Daily fermentation checks of brix and temperature
- Barrel cleaning, filling, and maintenance
- Performing other duties as assigned
Candidates should be willing to work long hours including weekends, demonstrate a passion for premium wine production, have good communication skills, pay attention to detail and a present strong work ethic. A good sense of humor always helps. The ideal candidate will have prior vintage experience, but exceptional applicants without direct cellar experience will be considered.
International applicants cannot be accepted at this time.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- Ability to accurately complete work instructions
- Ability to climb ladders, stand, and walk for long hours
- Ability to carry 50 lbs
- Willingness to work outside in various weather conditions
- Candidates should be reliable, enthusiastic, motivated, and take pride in their work
Previous cellar and forklift experience is a plus, but not required.
Starting pay $15/hour
|Salary Range||DOE, minimum starting $15/hr|
|Contact Name||Terry Brandborg|