|Company||Oregon Wine Board|
|Other Company Type||The Oregon Wine Board is a state-legislated, semi-independent commodity Board funded primarily by the state’s wineries and grape growers. The OWB invests in marketing, media relations, scientific research and educational programs on behalf of Oregon’s $7 Billion wine grape growing and winemaking industry.|
|Category||Sales or Marketing|
|Description||This role supports the Market Expansion, Tourism and Brand Equity imperatives embedded within the OR Wine Board’s Strategic Marketing/Communications plan. |
It connects the OWB to wholesale & retail decision-makers, intra-industry marketing organizations and external alliance partners to fulfill the Board’s marketing objectives.
Primary job responsibilities include design, delivery and evaluation of trade promotional support along with management of the working relationships required to execute OWB programs. The position requires a high-energy individual able to thrive in a performance-driven culture, who possesses superior project management skills, an ability to anticipate and adapt to workflow demands and excellent communication competencies.
Reliability and flexibility in response to changing priorities are essential along with a talent for facilitating communications across a diverse portfolio of projects and constituencies. The position demands sound judgment, informed instincts and a proactive, solution-driven orientation.
Remote/Home Office currently, but a home-base in the Portland, Oregon or surrounding areas is preferred.
7 years of experience in Trade Channel Marketing, Brand Management or wine-related sales/distribution.
Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills, demonstrating a high degree of professionalism and integrity. The ideal candidate is an efficient, independent performer who is also able to work as part of a team.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and other web-based applications such as Google Analytics, Mail Chimp and Adobe Creative Cloud
Filter, prioritize, analyze and validate information quickly
Sort through multiple demands efficiently, adjusting priorities and expectations as needed.
Translate OWB’s program calendar for field implementation & work cross-functionally with
peers to assess incoming requests for OWB action
Embrace, support and promote the OWB’s diversity, equity and inclusiveness principles
Support a culture of open, productive communications with all stakeholders
• Develop, execute and assess OWB’s trade support activities focusing first on the OR Wine Month promotion
• Support OWB Trade-targeted Educational programming
• Maintain and expand OWB’s trade contacts database
• Enhance and enrich working relationships with OR wine industry marketing organizations to maximize support for, and participation in, OWB-sponsored trade activities
• Create a system to synthesize & interpret trade marketing requests
• Optimize and measure social channel messaging in OWB’s industry communication matrix
• Prioritize, manage and measure the impact of OWB’s involvement in third-party trade education events (e.g. TEXSOM)
• Update Resource Studio online material and other trade-facing presentations on OWB’s website, including new AVA details & maps
• Sponsor and administer industry task forces and channel advisory groups as needed to advance OWB’s Market Expansion and Brand Equity goals
• Participate in developing and delivering Phase II of the NW Wine Specialist Certification Program internationally
• Cement principles of equity thoroughly and thoughtfully into the OWB’s Marketing Expansion efforts
• Other responsibilities as may be assigned
Bachelor’s degree or comparable business experience
Wine Education Certification(s) preferred
Full time, salaried (OT exempt)
|Contact Name||Marie Chambers|