|Company||Oregon Wine Board|
|Other Company Type||Oregon Wine Board|
|Description||Summary: The Oregon Wine Board is a state-legislated commission funded primarily by the state’s wineries and grape growers. The OWB invests in marketing, promotion, media relations research, and education on behalf of Oregon’s wine community. The Communication Manager builds relationships and maintains contact with key media influencers across all platforms providing focused content that builds “Brand Oregon” in support of OWB’s strategic plan. This position is responsible for coordinating media outreach efforts with external partners including Travel Oregon and the WA St. Wine Commission as well as with OR’s AVA associations. These include hosting key journalist visits and managing itineraries and media tastings. The role also involves media coverage tracking, analysis, and reporting. This manager will regularly assess the OR wine industry’s capacity for engaging successfully with media and provide internal industry guidance and training as needed |
Location: Preferably Portland, OR area. The OWB team currently works remotely. Applicant's home base must be within the state of Oregon.
Qualifications: Seven years of communications and public relations experience required. Experience with fine wine media is strongly preferred. Only those interested in full-time employment should apply.
- Proficiency with database management, Microsoft Office, and PR applications such as Meltwater, Google Analytics, etc.
- Extensive experience with social media
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Acute sense of judgment, tact, and diplomacy
- Strong sense of teamwork and ability to both manage, execute and assess programs
- Strong customer service skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- proactive, action-oriented management style
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or comparable experience; (Communications or Journalism background is ideal)
Position Type: Full time, salaried (exempt)
Reports To: President
Plan and manage public relations and media hosting, including the following:
• Develop, implement and measure strategic communications programs to further enhance “Brand Oregon” marketing efforts.
• Segment and prioritize key media outlets and contacts and cultivate relationships.
• Plan and coordinate media hosting tours.
• Develop compelling Oregon wine story angles and pitch to focus media contacts and write clear and compelling press releases and pitch letters.
• Identify media trends, and analyze and measure results to achieve the highest visibility for Oregon wine.
• Serve as contact for media inquiries.
• Recommend social media strategies and measurement
• Track and synthesize media coverage to maintain and expand the dashboard of OR wine quality measurements
• Post communications related updates and maintain updated press materials
• Manage subscriptions program, including keeping records on subscriptions and renewals as well as monitoring publications for relevant coverage as they are received.
• Maintain an organized library of all industry and general media publications.
• Daily monitoring all coverage related to the Oregon wine industry, sending heads up on coverage and creating coverage reports as needed for specific news announcements and events.
• Develop a monthly report summarizing PR activities with metrics that quantify results.
• Develop and maintain editorial calendars for key publications.
• Participate in planning and strategic brainstorming for ail communications planning projects and events.
• Serve as a liaison for communications functions with other members of OWB staff.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Contact Name||Marie Chambers|