|Company||Wine by Joe/Dobbes Family Estate|
|Company Type||Winery Only|
|Category||Cellar, Lab or Production|
|Description||Only a few spots left!!|
Wine by Joe/Dobbes Family Estate located in Dundee Oregon is hiring for the upcoming grape harvest. We are a diverse company with two different cellars that produce three in house labels in addition to several custom crush labels. We are an "urban" winery located in the small, yet bustling town right in the heart of Oregon Wine Country. Opportunities are available in both our large scale and our boutique production facility.
Our winery processes on average 2,500 tons of fruit and though Pinot Noir is our flagship, we also make Pinot Gris, Syrah, Chardonnay, Pinot Blanc, Viognier and were the first producers in Oregon to make a single variety Grenache Blanc!
The position will start around early September and generally finishes the end of October with the possibility of extension for workers with a great work ethic and attitude and depending on work availability.
Lab positions also available. If you are specifically interested in the lab, please indicate that in your application.
Harvest Interns will assist the production and wine making staff with all harvest-related activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Processing and sorting fruit.
• Sanitize equipment, chemical handling.
• Operating a forklift.
• Racking and pumping of juice and wine; moving hoses and equipment
• Punch downs.
• Cleaning and sanitize all winery equipment.
• Filling and emptying barrels.
• Making chemical additions to juice and wine.
• Working long hours including evenings and weekends.
• Completing and filling out work orders accurately.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs other duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Intermediate level of reading and writing comprehension in English.
• Must be able to read and interpret documents, such as safety rules and procedures, and be able to read cellar work orders, count barrels, record times and dates. Basic math skills required.
• Tolerance for working in variable temperatures, hot to cold.
• Individuals selected for this position must be reliable, punctual, have a good work ethic and a great attitude. Previous experience is preferred, but not required.
The physical effort typically applied in this job includes: Lifting, pulling, reaching, carrying, pushing, shoveling
The physical effort is typically applied in the following work positions: Sitting, standing, stooping, bending, walking and confined space
MENTAL OR VISUAL DEMAND
Concentrated mental and/or visual attention; the work involves performing complex tasks to very close accuracy and quality specifications.
The job is continuously performed under varying working conditions; exposure to any or all of the above elements is probable: Dust, dirt, heat, cold, fumes, noise, water
Housing and transportation are not provided and will be the responsibility of the applicant, however we endeavor to help you find housing with contacts we have in our community.
If you are not a US citizen and do not have a valid work visa, please visit World Wide Farmers www.worldwidefarmers.org to organize a J-1 visa (we work with this organization exclusively.) We can also prepare paperwork for citizens of Chile or Australia for H1B1 and E3 visas.
Please attach your resume and a cover letter explaining why you want to work with us!
Check us out at www.winebyjoe.com or www.dobbesfamilyestate.com
Send resume/CV and Cover Letters to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Contact Name||Erin Gray|