- This event has passed.
Biodynamic Viticulture 2.0
August 5, 2022 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm$100,
Montinore Estate is hosting an all-day seminar that will offer practical information on effectively implementing Biodynamic practices to achieve results in our vineyards and wineries. Presentations from local and international speakers, panel discussions, and wine tasting will provide attendees insights into the “how-to” of Biodynamic practices to produce better grapes and wine. The $100 attendance fee includes lunch.
– International perspective on the use of Biodynamic tools in the vineyard for effective results
– Incorporating animals into vineyard environment: why and how?
– Vineyard Reiki: identifying and understanding energy flow in the vineyard
– Panel discussion and tasting of Northwest BD winemaking
– BD winemaking in Italy: discussion and tasting
– Vineyard cover crops
– Information on the formation and work of the new Biodynamic Demeter Alliance
– Opportunity to taste and share wines from participants
– Adriano Zago – International BD consultant in agriculture, viticulture and winemaking
– Virginia Samsel – International consultant on vineyard Reiki
– Rebecca Sweet – Cover crop expert Buzz Seeds
– Beth Hoinacki – Board of Director member Biodynamic Demeter Alliance; Demeter certified Oregon vegetable grower
– Daphne Amory – President DAC Consulting (Napa, CA); Acting Chair Biodynamic Demeter Alliance
– Panels of regional growers and winemakers