The theme is “Join Together; Grow Forward“ as the Wine Industry Works to Enhance Economic Impact in Oregon
Portland, OR, January 10, 2023 —The Oregon Wine Board (OWB) and the Oregon Winegrowers Association (OWA) announce a stellar lineup of sessions during the Pacific Northwest’s largest educational conference and tradeshow focused on the wine industry: the Oregon Wine Symposium. Here are some highlights of educational sessions:
- Sparkling Wine Styles; understanding the varied processes with industry experts Kate Payne-Brown, Brianne Day, Joe Dobbes, and the latest disgorgement research out of Champagne’s Bollinger Estate.
- Deepening the understanding around smoke impacts in wine with Dr. Elizabeth Tomasino of Oregon State University (OSU) revealing new research on smoke compounds and flavor and how to mitigate smoke impact in wine.
- Alternative Trellis Systems for a changing environment with Dr. Manfred Stoll of Geisenheim University and Oregon viticulture experts from around the state who will share their canopy and trellis adaptations to optimize fruit quality.
- How the 2022 growing season impacted pests and disease in the vineyard with OSU, USDA, and ODA researchers and experts, followed by impacts and learning from the 2022 frost event with Oregon State University Professor Dr. Patty Skinkis.
- The State of Direct to Consumer (DtC) Sales with Lesley Berglund founder of WISE Academy and Enolytics co-founder Chris Huyghe followed by a more intimate look at the State Oregon’s DtC revenue and economic impact of wine sales through the lens of Community Benchmark data with founder John Kelleher.
- Attracting and retaining staff featuring new data from the Oregon wine industry labor and salary survey with Dr. Jeff Peterson.
Attendees can build on their knowledge at the Trade Show by connecting with industry service providers, discovering new products, tools, techniques, and networking with industry members. There will be mini sessions in the Trade Show Theater on Water Rights, Wine Labeling from TTB, as well as Experimental Wines and Processing. The Innovation Stage will feature short presentations on the newest, most advanced products and services from exhibiting businesses.
Participants are encouraged to register before January 15, 2023 to take advantage of the full-access early bird pricing. For more information on the further discounts, preliminary programs, speakers, and special events, visit oregonwinesymposium.com.
$240 for Early Bird Full Access Admission
$65 Full Access with Spanish Speaker Interpretation
$30 Tradeshow Only
Discounts are available for faculty staff and students of wine education institutions. Please reach out to email@example.com for information.
Linea Gagliano, Oregon Wine Board
Director of Communications
About the Oregon Wine Board
The Oregon Wine Board is a semi-independent Oregon state agency managing marketing, research and education initiatives that support and advance the Oregon wine and wine grape industry. The Board works on behalf of all Oregon wineries and independent growers throughout the state’s diverse winegrowing regions. Visit oregonwine.org.
About the Oregon Winegrowers Association
Harnessing the power of state-wide consensus, the Oregon Winegrowers Association stands as the vital advocate for the health, growth and economic sustainability of Oregon’s wine industry. We are a member-driven advocacy group advancing the interests of the largest agricultural economic impact sector in the state.