Portland, OR, February 14, 2022 — The Oregon Wine Symposium – the premier platform on industry research, business practices, and education in the Northwest – will be held as a live online event Tuesday, February 15th through Thursday, February 17, 2022. The Symposium brings wine industry members from all over the globe together to discuss issues, discover new tools and techniques, and network with industry partners.
2022 Symposium Program Features:
- Keynote – OSU Professor Dr. James Sterns will share insights on the state of winegrowing in Oregon and provide solutions to challenges through diversity, scale, and innovation.
- Annual Climatology Report with renowned atmospheric scientist and wine climatologist Dr. Greg Jones who looks at 2021 weather patterns and current expectations for the new year.
- State of the Industry Report and M&A Trends & Positioning for Sale with Rob McMillan, Executive Vice President and Founder, Silicon Valley Bank Wine Division
- Viticulture and Enology Tracks – Lessons in Climate Change delves into the most pressing topics facing growers and winemakers including the impact of drought, trunk diseases and soil health on winegrowing regions and how to manage the impact on grapes for wine quality.
- Focus on Direct-to-Consumer Sessions will explore the current landscape and how the DTC channel has expanded and altered during 2021 with insights into market trends, channel growth opportunities, and current best practices.
- App Personalization Capabilities give attendees the flexibility to customize their experience and curriculum, with Spanish interpretation, live Q&A with speakers, opportunities to connect in real-time with messaging, and face-to-face happy hours.
When and Where: Tuesday, February 15 – Thursday, February 17
Symposium available online via Swapcard – register online to access: www.oregonwinesymposium.com
- Lesley Berglund, Co-Founder and Chair, WISE Academy; The State of Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) in 2022 & Benchmarking Oregon’s DTC Landscape
- Colin Eddy, VP of Sales, NW Wine Co.; Demystifying Wine Distribution in 2022
- Kelli Matthews, Sr. Instructor/Managing Director, University of Oregon/Verve Northwest Communications; PR 101: Inside PR & Communications Strategies & Building your Media Relations Tool Kit: A Playbook for Successful PR & Communications Strategies
- Jeff Lewis, Director of Education & National Sales, Alexana Estate; Demystifying Wine Distribution in 2022
- Gavin Sacks, Professor and Associate Chair of Food Science at Cornell University will discuss the importance of oxygen in winemaking.
Program details can be found online: https://www.oregonwinesymposium.com/register/1453463
Interview Requests and Photos: Please contact Sarah Murdoch at firstname.lastname@example.org
$99 for Full Access Admission (includes education seminars and virtual networking)
$89 Full Access Group Admission (groups of 4 or more register as a group)
$25 Full Access with Spanish Speaker Interpretation includes all Viticulture sessions, Enology sessions on Day 2, and OWB Research Updates.
Tickets are available online at https://www.oregonwinesymposium.com/ or via phone toll-free at 1.855.740.8417.
About the Oregon Wine Board
The Oregon Wine Board is a semi-independent Oregon state agency managing marketing, research and education initiatives that support and advance the Oregon wine and wine grape industry. The Board works on behalf of all Oregon wineries and independent growers throughout the state’s diverse winegrowing regions. Visit oregonwine.org.
Sarah Murdoch, Oregon Wine Board
Director of Communications
Leave a comment