Order point of sale materials for your tasting room now. Or, opt to download them!
Oregon Wine Month 2016 Campaign
Following 2015’s successful “Wildly Sophisticated, Properly Oregonian” campaign featuring Oregon wine industry pioneers, the 2016 campaign will showcase more stories from within our diverse community that personify the Oregon spirit and deliver a message of exceptional quality. It will reinforce Oregon’s reputation for sustainable grape farming and winemaking practices and will continue to assert the character and complexity of our wines.
Chosen from nominations received from the industry in fall 2015, the Oregon Wine Month 2016 print campaign will feature two distinct stories that illustrate different aspects of the Oregon wine sustainability message:
- Jim Bernau, founder of Willamette Valley Vineyards, has been a leader in building the wine industry’s sustainability infrastructure and has lead by example through the early adoption of several environmentally friendly practices at his own winery.
- Bill and Barbara Steele of Cowhorn Vineyard and Garden in the Applegate Valley are putting Southern Oregon at the vanguard of sustainability in the wine industry. Not only have they developed the region’s first biodynamic vineyard, they are on the cusp of being the first winery to achieve the standards outlined by the Living Building Challenge.
Both of these stories embody the spirit of environmental stewardship and quality winegrowing that pervade in our industry and are core to the Oregon wine brand’s reputational attributes.
See the campaign and point of sale materials
This presentation includes information on the Oregon Wine Month consumer-facing campaign including:
- Media plan from March through May, incorporating multiple media channels throughout Oregon and Washington
- Print campaign executions
- Examples of social media executions
- Point of sale materials
- A list of actions to take now to get ready for Oregon Wine Month in your tasting room
Order campaign point of sale materials by Friday, Mar. 11
The finishing touches are being put on the point of sale materials; they will be available for download by the end of February from the OWM Toolkit for use by you, your wholesalers and your accounts. This will include customizable templates for menus, signage and bottle neck hangers.
Based on feedback from the 2015 campaign, many tasting rooms were interested in downloading and printing OWM materials to suit their specific needs. However, others requested that the OWB make it easier by providing printed materials directly. This year, wineries may opt to order an Oregon Wine Month tasting room kit, which consists of three posters (one of each style), three red and white “It’s Oregon Wine Month!” bar top signs and 10 red and white bottle neckers for display.
Tasting room managers can use this form to order materials by Mar. 11. Materials will be delivered by mid-April.
Point of sale for other sales channels
Distributors in Oregon and Washington can contact Jess Willey to arrange to request point of sale materials – put your distributor in touch by Mar. 1. Distributors outside of Oregon and Washington are welcome to download graphics to print in-house. Downloadable graphics will be available by the end of February; the bottle graphic is available now for use.
If you would like slides that can be incorporated into a presentation to your distributor, you can download a deck from the Oregon Wine Month toolkit on the industry website. This presentation will be updated as the program develops.
More information will be coming soon, including additional details on programming for on- and off-premise channels. Contact Jess Willey if you have any specific needs that have not yet been addressed.