At its public meeting on Tuesday, Oct. 3, the Oregon Tourism Commission voted to open their Competitive Large Grants program for applications. The Commission further chose to designate $2.5 million dollars from the current fiscal year and an additional $2.5 million dollars over the course of the 2017-2019 biennium to initially fund this program. Eligible projects may be funded over more than one biennium.
The program grants funds to eligible applicants for projects that contribute to the development of the tourism economy in communities across the state in support of Travel Oregon’s mission of “a better life for Oregonians through strong, sustainable local economies.”
Competitive Large Grant applications are for grants greater than $100,000 and must demonstrate at least a 50 percent cash match. Large grant awards are intended to create statewide impacts or impact multiple regions. Eligible projects must provide for the improvement or expansion of the tourism economy in Oregon by showcasing the state on a national or global stage or as a world-class asset.
Applications for the program will be accepted until 5 p.m. on Nov. 13. Download the Competitive Large Grants Guidelines for specific eligibility requirements and to view the application questions.
- Oct. 5, 2017 – Application period opens
- Nov. 13, 2017 (5 p.m.) – Six printed copies of application materials and a digital copy must be received by Travel Oregon
- Nov. 21, 2017 – Application status notification
- Dec. 4, 2017 – Application finalists present to the Oregon Tourism Commission
- Dec. 5, 2017 – Oregon Tourism Commission considers final award(s)