Shipping Deadline: Dec. 31
The producers of the annual TEXSOM conference, considered by many to be the most prominent and influential wine trade education conference in the U.S., are the force behind TEXSOM International Wine Awards (TEXSOM IWA). In 2017, the TEXSOM IWA garnered 3,581 entries representing 29 countries and 19 states, a record for the competition. The Oregon Wine Board has identified this as an important competition due to its esteemed panel of judges and influence among the world’s top buyers, and therefore we want to support the expansion of Oregon’s presence at these awards.
Thanks to a generous sponsorship from FedEx, the Oregon Wine Board is offering free ground shipping of TEXSOM IWA entries from Dec. 1-31.
INSTRUCTIONS TO RECEIVE FREE SHIPPING:
1. Review TEXSOM IWA Entry Procedures.
Wineries are responsible for ensuring that entry procedures are properly followed, including guidelines for paperwork and fees.
Questions regarding TEXSOM IWA entries? Email TEXSOM.
2. Log into your FedEx shipping account.
If you do not have a FedEx account, email Scott Lombardo by December 18 in order to set up the account in time to ship by the end of the month.
3. Create a shipment label to send wine to:
TEXSOM International Wine Awards
12801 North Stemmons Freeway
Farmers Branch, TX 75234
4. In box 3: Package & Shipment Details, select *Service Type: FedEX Ground
Note: The Oregon Wine Board TEXSOM IWA free shipping program covers ground shipping only. Wineries will be invoiced for costs associated to any other service type.
Questions or issues creating a FedEx shipment label? Contact Scott Lombardo.
5. In box 4: Billing Details, select *Bill transportation to: Third Party
6. Under the *Account no. field use account number: 910047094
This is a temporary Oregon Wine Board account number that will be valid from Dec. 1-31.
7. Complete the rest of your label requirements for an alcohol shipment including adult signature required selection and alcohol label.
8. Print label, attach it to your box and drop it off at your local FedEx drop location.
In 2017, Oregon saw a 60% increase in wineries represented and a 110% increase in award-winning wines. Let’s work together to keep that momentum going!