|Company||Eola Hills Wine Cellars|
|Company Type||Winery and Vineyard|
|Category||DTC, Tasting Room or Retail|
The Winery Events & Outreach Manager at Eola Hills Wine Cellars is an energetic brand champion who is responsible for planning, promoting, booking and executing events at our heritage Oregon winery and vineyard – including private events, festivals and winery experiences. Through impeccable communication, top-notch service, and forward-thinking, you are able to ensure Eola Hills’ premier events and hospitality programs continue to grow while adapting to remain relevant in a virtual environment.
The successful candidate will be highly organized, communicative, creative and detail-oriented, and possess a friendly, outgoing disposition. This person will be responsible for all administrative tasks associated with event planning and venue management. Applicants must be able to work weekdays/weekends, with flexibility to work holidays and evenings. Must be able to stand for 8 hours and lift up to 40 pounds. Only well qualified event professionals need apply.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Oversee the continued growth of Eola Hills’ major events.
• Possess a willingness to research, plan and execute out-of-the-box event ideas or formats – including virtual events and experiences.
• Handle all registration and permitting for onsite/offsite events and festivals. Travel, work or oversee outside events and represent Eola Hills and our winery as needed.
• Coordinate & plan annual shareholder meeting, as well as specific shareholder events.
• Research and stay current with state and local rules and regulations, industry and event trends, hospitality programs, and health and safety related concerns (including the current COVID19 pandemic) and be able to evaluate, analyze and make changes to event policies and programs as needed to continue growth.
• Respond to all calls and email inquiries regarding events in a timely and professional manner.
• Responsible for hiring, training, managing and firing event staff.
• Process all deposits and complete all final billing for events.
• Work closely with DTC Sales & Wine Club Manager to plan and execute winery events and experiences. Communicate daily and collaborate on connected opportunities to promote and sell Eola Hills wines.
- Serve as support for the tasting room for large group tastings.
- Plan and host elevated experiences as needed.
- Navigate the company database and point-of-sale system and be able to perform advanced functions.
• Work closely with Eola’s Marketing Manager to develop event related packages, promotional collateral and advertising programs. Collaborate to plan and pitch sponsor packages to foster collaborative relationships with business partners. Maintain a daily line of communication regarding events and outreach to ensure planning, collateral, promotions and ticket sales are published and executed well in advance.
• Work closely with our National Sales Team to curate out-of-state experiences, virtual events and seminars, and assist in arranging and hosting private events for distributor visits.
• Work with management team to execute our Eola Hills outreach program. Develop plans and strategies to further grow and promote Eola Hills’ event business and department. Build and maintain vendor relationships through regular outreach.
• Act as venue manager for all Eola Hills Weddings and Private Events.
- As venue manager, you will focus on the property. You will work with outside wedding coordinators and event planners to ensure events are executed smoothly. It is not your responsibility to plan itineraries, create seating arrangements, book vendors, or find or arrange decorations.
- As venue manager, you will work with and clearly communicate with our Winemaker/General Manager, Vineyard Manager and DTC Sales Manager to ensure our spaces are cleaned, prepped, and any maintenance or infrastructure (power, restrooms, etc.) for all events are complete in a timely fashion.
- Create estimates, proposals and contracts for each event. Communicate each planned event with management and accounting.
- Work with accounting to ensure event staff hours and gratuities are processed for each pay period.
- Be the first to arrive and the last to leave on the day of events.
- Coordinate walk-throughs with vendors and clients in advance to ensure they understand the schedule and what is allowed and not allowed on our properties. Reinforce as necessary while overseeing event set up and be available to answer questions from vendors or clients.
- Be able to clearly communicate and put out any fires that come up regarding the venue and vendors.
• Continue to build and improve Eola Hills’ event and hospitality policies and protocols.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications and Required Skills
• Must have 3-5 years of event management experience. At least 1 year of experience within the wine industry is preferred.
• Must be a team player, a collaborator, and work well with others.
• Must be highly organized with attention to detail and keen decision-making, problem-solving and multi-tasking capabilities. You are self-motivated and quick to respond or address questions.
• Strong computer skills; high proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook. WineDirect or other POS and reservation software experience preferred.
• Must have strong verbal communication skills with ability to speak comfortably over the phone and in front of large groups of people in a friendly and engaging manner.
• You are professional, articulate, friendly, patient and wired for service, storytelling and sharing your wine knowledge.
• Successful track record of designing unique consumer experiences.
• Must possess valid driver’s license, OLCC license, and food handler’s permit.
• Flexible and able to work holidays and weekends as needed.
Candidates must be at least 21 years of age, be able to stand and sit for extended periods of time and be able to lift and carry 40 pounds on a regular basis. Schedule includes most weekends, special events, and occasional holidays.
This is a full-time salaried position with benefits. We offer a competitive compensation package at above market standards that is commensurate with experience. As a heritage Oregon winery, we are committed to investing in our people. We want to encourage personal and professional growth and hope to craft a team of brand ambassadors who are passionate about our vision and future in the Oregon wine industry.
For a full Job Description visit: https://eolahillswinery.com/contact
|Salary Range||Commensurate With Experience|
|AVA||Willamette Valley, Eola-Amity Hills|
|Contact Name||Emily Dougherty|