|Company Type||Winery and Vineyard|
|Category||Cellar, Lab or Production|
|Description||J.K. Carriere in Newberg, Oregon, seeks a harvest cellar worker for the fall 2020 crush. We're about immersive, full-on growing/building high-acid reference Oregon Pinot noir. We need both your head and hands (cellar experience not required, though a turn as a harvest intern is beneficial). |
Nuts & bolts:
- Start around Sept 1 (possibly earlier if it works out), likely through late October, minimum.
- Team player, willing to do whatever is needed.
- Primary tasks: Managing/sorting fruit, juice sampling, punchdowns, cleaning & sanitizing, press management, barrel washing, and taking a turn helping with meals.
- Hourly rate commensurate with experience.
Extra consideration for demonstrated:
- Mechanical aptitude
- Farm or cellar experience
- Forklift skills
- Be able to lift, pull, push 50 lbs
- Stand for long periods on concrete (up to 12 hrs)
- Be prepared for long hours (and overtime pay!), including evenings & weekends
- Have own transportation, own lodgings
- Have sense of humor, even when dog-tired (gallows humor acceptable)
Tell us in one paragraph in an email or your cover letter why you want to join the JKC team this fall, and please attach your CV/resume. Email to email@example.com, subject line: Harvest Worker. No phone calls, please.
|Salary Range||$15 to $18 per hour|