|Company Type||Winery and Vineyard|
|Category||Cellar, Lab or Production|
We are seeking passionate and driven interns to join our team for the 2023 harvest! Our interns will work closely with our small winemaking team and have the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of crush. We offer a well-rounded and hands on experience, filled with fun company, great food, and wine. Harvest is a celebration of successful farming and winemaking which we love to share with our intern team!
The position will last approximately 8 weeks, starting August 30th.
Chef-prepared family style lunches will be provided throughout the harvest season.
Housing or stipend offered for the duration of employment to those who need to relocate.
Essential Job Functions, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Cleaning and sanitizing winemaking equipment and facility
- Vineyard activities & sampling
- Barrel washing/steaming
- Fruit sorting/processing
- Forklift operation (experience preferred)
- Fermentation management: inoculations, racking, sampling, cap management, additions
- Draining, digging out, pressing
- Sensory analysis/tasting
- Basic understanding of cellar operations and willingness to learn to make world class wines
- Ability to groove to good music (dancing while pumping over is encouraged)
- Ability to stay organized and multi-task, keep attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels of the organization…we love to make new friends!
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds and work on one’s feet for 10+ hours a day
- Previous experience is highly encouraged, but those who are eager to delve headfirst into winemaking are welcome to apply.
Please apply with CV and cover letter along with professional references
We hope to see you for the 2023 Harvest!
Bergstrom Wines is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or age.
|Contact Name||Madeline Rausch|