2 year old potted vines looking for a home
Located near Lorane, OR
Position: Full-time Executive-In-Residence position in the Evenstad Center for Wine Education and the Wine Studies Department in the School of Business at Linfield University.
Starting Date: July 1, 2021
Rank: Administrative position with administrative and teaching responsibilities, faculty rank if appropriate.
Overview and Responsibilities:
The Evenstad Center for Wine Education integrates numerous wine education programs and activities that supports Linfield students, the wine industry, and the community. The goals of the center are to provide academic and experiential learning for students and adult learners along with supporting the wine industry through certifications, seminars, research, Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) courses, and preserving and documenting the history of the Oregon Wine Industry.
Linfield University delivers America’s leading comprehensive, four-year liberal arts Wine Studies degree area, promoting the best in global standards, advancing sound, ethical, and sustainable business practices, and instilling a passion for always doing the right things the right way. Wine Studies students at Linfield University obtain knowledge about the history, culture, production, business, science, and appreciation of wine. Courses in this major encourage understanding and critical analysis of the cultural, social, and economic significance of wine in Oregon and around the world. Students who complete a major in Wine Studies are well prepared for graduate studies in viticulture, enology, or wine business and well-positioned to pursue careers in the wine or hospitality industry.
Linfield University invites highly motivated candidates to apply for a position at the Executive-In-Residence level working both administratively in the Evenstad Center for Wine Education and academically in the School of Business. A fundamental requirement of this position is expertise in Business or a related field, along with wine industry experience. Strong candidates will have proficiency in various aspects of wine business, including but not limited to management, marketing, finance & accounting, value chain, sales, distribution management, consumer behavior, and human resources. Additional areas of expertise may include but are not limited to, social and digital media, hospitality, and event management.
Be a highly visible leader and champion of The Evenstad Center for Wine Education by engaging with local, national, and international wine industry professionals to promote the center and foster partnerships that further the center's role as a preeminent wine education leader.
Drive academic excellence within the Wine Studies and Business degree areas by enriching the student learning experience, empowering students to think critically, and fostering the synthesis and integration of new information in novel ways.
Serve The Evenstad Center for Wine Education as outreach liaison with various boards and organizations aligned with the wine industry, including statewide and regional grower and producer groups, local chambers of commerce, and regional tourism efforts.
Lead The Evenstad Center for Wine Education and the School of Business in graduate program development in wine business and hospitality areas.
Prepare and teach courses in Wine Studies to a diverse student population based on the department's course learning outcomes, utilizing a variety of instructional strategies appropriate to the needs of students and the standards of the discipline.
Serve as the internship and career development lead for the center and department.
Assist students as an advisor in academic, internship, and career planning.
Participate actively in the center and department responsibilities and governance, including curriculum review and revision, program review, assessment of student learning outcomes at the course and program level, and other departmental activities.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Viticulture, Enology, or related field or professional equivalent.
Seven or more years of experience working in the wine sector with a proven track record of results generation and success in the industry.
Ability to collaborate with and relate well with faculty, students, and staff in a small university environment.
Knowledge of the Oregon wine industry.
Master's degree in Business, Viticulture, Enology, or related field.
Extensive experience working in the super-premium or luxury wine sectors.
Prior teaching or training experience.
Prior teaching experience at the university level.
Knowledge of the Oregon and global wine industry.
In evaluating candidates for this position, the University may consider a combination of education, training, and experience which provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the position.
Please complete our online application and submit the following documents. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. For best consideration, application materials should be received by the priority screening date, April 2, 2021.
Letter of interest;
Resume or curriculum vitae;
Samples of professional or scholarly work;
Statement of teaching and/or wine industry management philosophy;
Statement on approach for creating an inclusive learning environment;
Teaching evaluations (if available);
Contact information for three references;
College/university transcripts will be required prior to final interviews.
Questions may be directed to the search chair, Gerardo Ochoa, Special Assistant to the President & Director of Community Relations, firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-883-2617.
Two adjoined buildings offering about 7,086 SF ground floor space, including an 835 SF tasting room at the front. The property has been a productive winery for many years. Imagine what your wine making talents and management can produce here in the heart of Oregon’s wine country? Facility has typically crushed 75-100+ tons annually, producing 8-10,000+ cases.
The site is 12,000 SF or 0.28 acres. A total of about 7,356 SF gross building area in two light industrial structures paralleling each other, connected by a wide interior doorway. Both buildings constructed in approx. 1950. The main 5,070 SF building is divided into 835 SF tasting room, 410 SF of small office, storage & bathroom and 270 SF 2nd level mezzanine office at the back of the 3,825 SF main warehouse space. A 2,106 SF adjoining secondary warehouse is immediately north of and connected to the main building. The main structure is concrete masonry construction with a barrel roof. Adjoining secondary structure is wood framed and steel clad roof with approximately 768 SF of cooler space.
The winery includes all the necessary equipment or FF&E to continue wine production. The Walnut City Wine Works label is included with an established national distribution and shelf space. Approximately 19 acres of pinot vineyard land leases are also included. Accomplished wine maker on hand to continue production or assist in transition under separate arrangement.
For Sale By Owner – Wine Associates Property, LLC Courtesy to Brokers
Contact – Jon Kline, 503-504-1109, Jon@ValueAdvisors.us
We are a hand crafted ready to drink cocktail company with a winery and distillery license that is looking to sublet our space as we move to a larger production facility. This space would be ideal for an urban winery. Includes up to code trench drains and waste water as per Portland requirements. Currently plumbed with glycol from a G&D 13.5H-MS chiller. Great potential as storage site as well.
4500 square feet of production space plus office, ample parking on site.
Black Walnut Inn & Vineyard is a boutique property at the top of the Dundee Hills in Oregon’s Willamette Valley. The Beverage & Experience Manager position is a newly created role, intended to guide the launch and ongoing successful execution of our reimagined wine program at the Inn. This role will report to the General Manager and will have the opportunity to collaborate closely with our consulting program director, a certified Master of Wine.
This position requires both a love of providing exceptional service and experiences, and the integrity to perform the processes that enable them. As the ideal candidate, you are detail oriented and excel at both fine dining-level service and detailed management of BOH procedures. You will bring a strong passion for wine and service, and a drive to execute flawlessly—building the reputation of the Inn among luxury wine destination travelers. Our small Inn is focused on delivering the essential wine country experience and offers the guest a view into the local food and wine community with a lens on organic and ethical procurement. We value the ability to plan for success, and to seamlessly adapt in the moment when necessary. Your success will depend on excellent fit within our very small team, driven by mutual trust and respect, contribution to our team culture, strong communication skills, and a humble approach to providing exceptional guest service.
Ensure brand promise and profitability while maintaining overall excellence & hospitality throughout each day’s specific service periods.
Maintain accuracy in all POS systems, inventory systems, wine lists and any other pertinent information. Ensure they are up to date and are understood & adhered to by the team.
Organize and execute procedures to ensure appropriate physical inventory is available at all times, through regular stocktake, communication, and menu updates.
Actively participate in fine dining wine and food service, including delivering a variety of tailored wine flight tastings, wine list guidance and recommendations of vintage and varietal pairings.
Meet or exceed wine sales budget.
Ensure excellent maintenance and cleanliness of all tasting areas and beverage storage areas at all times.
Ensure dining room physical setup and service operates at the highest level of excellence during each service shift.
Assist FOH with guest itinerary planning and recommendations for local wineries.
Periodically represent Black Walnut through PR opportunities as they present themselves.
Foster a professional and positive working relationship with all members of our small and close-knit team.
Work closely with the Inn’s wine and beverage consultant to execute our vision.
Maintain effective & timely communication to all FOH/BOH and remote team members/management.
Ensure excellent service & hospitality is provided for all guests, community, vendors and industry stakeholders.
Adhere to all Inn standards pertaining to personal appearance, attendance and conduct.
Ensure knowledge of and adherence to all applicable laws, policies and procedures.
Continuously taste, research and remain active & relevant in the industry.
Strong knowledge of food & beverage pairings, specifically relating to wine.
Our program maintains a sharp focus on Oregon wines. Deep knowledge of the Willamette Valley and its nested AVAs, and its vintage variations and history, and a proficiency in learning and educating about this area is highly preferred.
Strong Understanding of POS and inventory systems
Demonstrated success in: problem solving, multi-tasking, initiative & follow through (not delegation), attention to detail and execution of brand standards.
Preferred Bachelor’s Degree or Certification in Hospitality-related field or equivalent expertise gained from time on the job (specifically related to wine).
Advanced wine certification through CMS or WSET programs.
At least 2 years manager-level experience in hospitality & fine dining, with a concentration in wine & beverage education.
At least 1 year managing beverage inventory including systems & physical management.
Involves standing most of the time, as well as climbing stairs repeatedly. Also involves repeated reaching with arms and hands, carrying objects less than 20 lbs and bending and stooping, lifting and moving objects of 40lbs or more.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume/CV to email@example.com to be considered. Please do not contact the Inn directly by phone or in person. We endeavor to respond to all applicants within a week of submission.
Mencarelli Wine Cart Pump
Capable of up to 90 GPM, up to 35 psi
Includes the following:
Mencarelli INOX-50 304 Stainless Steel Pump
-NBR Elastomeric Impeller
-2” Tri-Clamp Flanges in 304 Stainless Steel
304 Stainless Steel 2-Wheel Cart
3 HP 1160 RPM SMEM Motor, 9.59 / 5.54a
5 HP 230 volt Lenze VFD Drive
Hand Speed Pot and 50 FT of cable
50’ 14/4 Power Cable
Pre-Wired & Programm
Brand new pump
Capable of up to 75 GPM, up to 65 psi
Includes the following:
Vogelsang VX100-64Q 316 Stainless Steel HiFlo Wine Pump
-NBR Elastomeric Lobes
-2.5” Tri-Clamp Flanges in 304 Stainless Steel
304 Stainless Steel 4-Wheel Cart
5 HP, 13.0 Amp 860 RPM SEW geared, inverter Duty Motor
5 HP 230 volt Lenze VFD Drive
Hand Speed Pot and 50 FT of cable
50’ 14/4 Power Cable
Pre-Wired & Programmed to OPE Standard
Our wine fermenters are the culmination of our experience producing over 4,000 fermenters for the wine industry since 2011. Our fermenters deliver precise control for award winning wineries, large and small, worldwide. All of our winemaking equipment are made in Portland, Oregon USA, to the highest global engineering standards. Custom configurations available.
I own and operate a small vineyard management/consultation company and I am seeking additional properties, preferably less than 15 acres. My services differ from large management companies in that I personally perform and/or supervise all work done at your farm, rather than sending unskilled and unsupervised laborers in my place. For more information or to schedule a visit to your property, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include a brief description of your vineyard and current management status.
Fork lift extenders for sale. We purchased a new forklift and these do not fit our current forks.
4 1/4" wide fork opening
just under 2" for fork height
The Winery Events & Outreach Manager at Eola Hills Wine Cellars is an energetic brand champion who is responsible for planning, promoting, booking and executing events at our heritage Oregon winery and vineyard – including private events, festivals and winery experiences. Through impeccable communication, top-notch service, and forward-thinking, you are able to ensure Eola Hills’ premier events and hospitality programs continue to grow while adapting to remain relevant in a virtual environment.
The successful candidate will be highly organized, communicative, creative and detail-oriented, and possess a friendly, outgoing disposition. This person will be responsible for all administrative tasks associated with event planning and venue management. Applicants must be able to work weekdays/weekends, with flexibility to work holidays and evenings. Must be able to stand for 8 hours and lift up to 40 pounds. Only well qualified event professionals need apply.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Oversee the continued growth of Eola Hills’ major events.
• Possess a willingness to research, plan and execute out-of-the-box event ideas or formats – including virtual events and experiences.
• Handle all registration and permitting for onsite/offsite events and festivals. Travel, work or oversee outside events and represent Eola Hills and our winery as needed.
• Coordinate & plan annual shareholder meeting, as well as specific shareholder events.
• Research and stay current with state and local rules and regulations, industry and event trends, hospitality programs, and health and safety related concerns (including the current COVID19 pandemic) and be able to evaluate, analyze and make changes to event policies and programs as needed to continue growth.
• Respond to all calls and email inquiries regarding events in a timely and professional manner.
• Responsible for hiring, training, managing and firing event staff.
• Process all deposits and complete all final billing for events.
• Work closely with DTC Sales & Wine Club Manager to plan and execute winery events and experiences. Communicate daily and collaborate on connected opportunities to promote and sell Eola Hills wines.
- Serve as support for the tasting room for large group tastings.
- Plan and host elevated experiences as needed.
- Navigate the company database and point-of-sale system and be able to perform advanced functions.
• Work closely with Eola’s Marketing Manager to develop event related packages, promotional collateral and advertising programs. Collaborate to plan and pitch sponsor packages to foster collaborative relationships with business partners. Maintain a daily line of communication regarding events and outreach to ensure planning, collateral, promotions and ticket sales are published and executed well in advance.
• Work closely with our National Sales Team to curate out-of-state experiences, virtual events and seminars, and assist in arranging and hosting private events for distributor visits.
• Work with management team to execute our Eola Hills outreach program. Develop plans and strategies to further grow and promote Eola Hills’ event business and department. Build and maintain vendor relationships through regular outreach.
• Act as venue manager for all Eola Hills Weddings and Private Events.
- As venue manager, you will focus on the property. You will work with outside wedding coordinators and event planners to ensure events are executed smoothly. It is not your responsibility to plan itineraries, create seating arrangements, book vendors, or find or arrange decorations.
- As venue manager, you will work with and clearly communicate with our Winemaker/General Manager, Vineyard Manager and DTC Sales Manager to ensure our spaces are cleaned, prepped, and any maintenance or infrastructure (power, restrooms, etc.) for all events are complete in a timely fashion.
- Create estimates, proposals and contracts for each event. Communicate each planned event with management and accounting.
- Work with accounting to ensure event staff hours and gratuities are processed for each pay period.
- Be the first to arrive and the last to leave on the day of events.
- Coordinate walk-throughs with vendors and clients in advance to ensure they understand the schedule and what is allowed and not allowed on our properties. Reinforce as necessary while overseeing event set up and be available to answer questions from vendors or clients.
- Be able to clearly communicate and put out any fires that come up regarding the venue and vendors.
• Continue to build and improve Eola Hills’ event and hospitality policies and protocols.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications and Required Skills
• Must have 3-5 years of event management experience. At least 1 year of experience within the wine industry is preferred.
• Must be a team player, a collaborator, and work well with others.
• Must be highly organized with attention to detail and keen decision-making, problem-solving and multi-tasking capabilities. You are self-motivated and quick to respond or address questions.
• Strong computer skills; high proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook. WineDirect or other POS and reservation software experience preferred.
• Must have strong verbal communication skills with ability to speak comfortably over the phone and in front of large groups of people in a friendly and engaging manner.
• You are professional, articulate, friendly, patient and wired for service, storytelling and sharing your wine knowledge.
• Successful track record of designing unique consumer experiences.
• Must possess valid driver’s license, OLCC license, and food handler’s permit.
• Flexible and able to work holidays and weekends as needed.
Candidates must be at least 21 years of age, be able to stand and sit for extended periods of time and be able to lift and carry 40 pounds on a regular basis. Schedule includes most weekends, special events, and occasional holidays.
This is a full-time salaried position with benefits. We offer a competitive compensation package at above market standards that is commensurate with experience. As a heritage Oregon winery, we are committed to investing in our people. We want to encourage personal and professional growth and hope to craft a team of brand ambassadors who are passionate about our vision and future in the Oregon wine industry.
For a full Job Description visit: https://eolahillswinery.com/contact