Join OWB on Jun. 21 at 10 a.m. for Media Relations 102, a free webinar aimed at those involved with marketing and communications at wineries or regional associations. Take a closer look at media relations from the writer’s perspective in a rich, interactive discussion filled with examples on how to engage with writers, build relationships and make your pitches or communications stand out.
Attend this webinar and walk away with a deeper understanding of:
- How to make your pitch resonate with writers
- What information writers need to properly promote your wine
- How writers interact with and use social media
- How to build authentic relationships that can develop into productive partnerships
- Mary Cressler, a wine, food and travel writer and founder of Vindulge Wine Education and Consulting. She is a columnist for Palate Press and active contributor to Wine.4.Me. As a freelancer Mary has written for Barbecue America Magazine, Bottlenotes, Serious Eats, Snooth, Oregon Wine Press, The Gorge Guide, Multiplicity Magazine, Wine Enthusiast and others, in addition to her blog Vindulge.com.
- Andy Perdue is co-owners of Great Northwest Wine. Andy has worked for many newspapers, including the Seattle Times, Tri-City Herald, Twin Falls (Idaho) Times-News, Arizona Republic, Wenatchee World, Port Townsend Leader, Silverdale Reporter, Bainbridge Review, North Kitsap Herald and Port Orchard Independent. For 16 years, he was editor-in-chief of Wine Press Northwest. As editor of the quarterly consumer magazine, he wrote columns, cover features, tasting notes and analyses of peer-group judgings. Andy, with his business partner Eric, also syndicates a weekly Northwest Wine column to 22 regional newspapers.
- Eric Degerman is co-owner of Great Northwest Wine. Eric served for 25 years as an editor and award-winning sports writer at the Tri-City Herald. He co-founded Wine Press Northwest, becoming a food writer and wine judge, and has contributed to Canadian Hockey magazine, Idaho Statesman, Portrait magazine and Vineyard & Winery Management magazine. He is a featured writer for Pacific Northwest Golfer magazine.
Attend this webinar and walk away with a better idea of what information writers need to properly promote your wine, how they interact with and use social media and how to build authentic relationships that can develop into productive partnerships. Follow this link to register. To email your questions ahead of time to ensure they are covered, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you missed the Media Relations 101 webinar in December 2015, click here to watch the recording and access the support materials.