Vineyard is comprised of three one-acre blocks of Pinot Noir. Clones are 667, 777, and AS-2 (upright) on mix of 101-14 and 3309. Soils are Nekia/Jory. Planted in '01-'04. Dense planting @ 1m x 1.5 m = approx 2,700 plants/acre. Fruit included in reserve wines for Dobbes, Domaine Coteau, and J. Christopher.
For Free: We have 4 pallets full of new wine bottles from a TV show. Instead of recycling them we'd like them to go to a good home, hopefully you! They were new when purchased (5 years ago), never filled, but were 'aged' on the outside. Essentially our paint department added fake dust to make them look old. And they've collected real dust over the years. Easily cleaned off. We can deliver in Portland metro area.
Various estate grown Pinot-noir clones from our vineyard in the Ribbon Ridge AVA. Pommard, Wadensville, Calera on 101-14 & 3309 rootstock, 7' x 4' spacing, Willakenzie soil.Vineyard planted in 2002, 2005 south facing slope between 400'- 500' elevation. Professionally managed and hand harvested, L.I.V.E. certified and Salmon safe.
Wines available to taste from the vineyard.
Two double Barrel Master by Western Square units @$250 each: Barrel Master System is a rack-on-rack structure which it allows the lees to be stirred without introducing additional oxygen into the wine. Burgundy and Bordeaux barrels can be mixed because the barrels do not rest on each other. Can be used with puncheon-size barrels.
The vineyard is located at the foothills of the Blue Mountains range approximately 2 miles from Milton-Freewater. 29 acres planted at 9x5 vine spacing. The trellis system is VSP and it sits at an elevation of 950ft. The soils are silt loam. Please contact me for pricing and amounts.
The Oregon Wine Board is a state-legislated commission funded primarily by the state’s wineries and grape growers. The OWB invests in marketing, promotion, media relations research and education on behalf of Oregon’s wine community.
The Communication Manager builds relationships and maintains contact with key media influencers across all platforms providing focused content that builds “Brand Oregon” in support of OWB’s strategic plan. This position is responsible for coordinating media outreach efforts with external partners including Travel Oregon and the Washington State Wine Commission, as well as regional and AVA associations. These include hosting key journalist visits and managing itineraries and media tastings. The role also involves media coverage tracking, analysis and reporting. This manager will regularly assess the Oregon wine industry’s capacity for engaging successfully with media and provide internal industry guidance and training as needed.
LOCATION: Portland, OR
QUALIFICATIONS: Seven years of communications and public relations experience required. Past assignments with fine wine media or in other enthusiast-driven consumer product categories is desired
Proficiency with database management, Microsoft Office, and PR applications such as Meltwater, Google Analytics, etc.
Extensive experience with social media
Acute sense of judgment, tact and diplomacy
Excellent written and oral skills
Strong customer service skills
Strong sense of teamwork and demonstrated ability to both manage, execute and assess programs
Accuracy and attention to detail
Proactive, action-oriented management style
Willingness to adapt to changing job requirements and team priorities
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree required; communications or journalism degree preferred
POSITION TYPE: Full time, salaried (exempt)
REPORTS TO: President
• Develop, implement and measure strategic communications programs to further enhance “Brand Oregon” marketing efforts
• Segment and prioritize key media outlets and contacts and cultivate relationships
• Plan and coordinate media hosting tours
• Develop compelling Oregon wine story angles and pitch to focus media contacts and write clear and compelling press releases and pitch letters
• Identify media trends, and analyze and measure results to achieve the highest visibility for Oregon wine
• Serve as contact for media inquiries
• Primary ownership for maintaining and updating social media outreach targeting journalists in support of OWB’s Brand Oregon programming
• Make recommendations about ·social media program and responsible for monitoring usage
• Track and synthesize media coverage to maintain and expand the dashboard of OR wine quality measurements
• Post communications related updates and maintain updated press materials
• Manage subscriptions program, including keeping records on subscriptions and renewals as well as monitoring publications for relevant coverage as they are received
• Maintain an organized library of all industry and general media publications
• Daily monitoring all coverage related to Oregon wine industry, sending heads up on coverage and creating coverage reports as needed for specific news announcements and events
• Develop a monthly report summarizing PR activities with metrics that quantify results.
• Develop and maintain editorial calendars for key publications
• Participate in planning and strategic brainstorming for all communications planning projects and events
• Serve as a liaison for communications functions with other members of OWB staff
2300 gal Muller-Thurgau - $12/gal, great aromatics, will works as blender or stand alone wine, about 20g/L RS
900 gal Riesling - $12/gal, almost dry, 6g/L RS, pretty wine.
1700 gal Chardonnay - $10/gal, 2/3 barrel fermented in neutral oak, remainder stainless steel, partway through ML
All wines are LIVE certified, vineyard and winery, and estate grown.