Sunset Magazine has opened its 2017 International Wine Competition for entries. Below is information provided by Sunset about its competition:
HERE’S WHY THE SUNSET INTERNATIONAL WINE COMPETITION IS THE MOST IMPORTANT COMPETITION YOU CAN ENTER THIS YEAR:
First, our judges are some of the most experienced wine professionals in the West, including many Master Sommeliers and Masters of Wine. Second, our logistics are airtight—a critical factor for trustworthy results. Third, we are committed to promoting our winners in ways that no other competition can.
- We will announce our results in a feature in our October issue (both in print and digitally) to our entire 6 million wine-loving readers.
- A downloadable PDF of our entire list of winners will be featured on our website, with 1.5 million unique visitors per month.
- We will pour and promote medal-winning wines at Sunset consumer events, including our annual Celebration Weekend.
DETAILS AT A GLANCE:
- The online entry fee is $99 through May 5, and $119 after that up to the final deadline of May 19.
- Wines must be received by May 19 at the following address: Sunset International Wine Competition, Sunset Publishing Corp., 54 Washington St., Oakland, CA, 94607.
- The judging will take place at the Claremont Hotel in Berkeley May 29 & 30.
- Award winners will be announced in the October 2017 issue. Note: Winners should contact Sunset for logo and trademark usage.
- Winners will be featured in a variety of multimedia promotions and events throughout the year.
Full competition details are available on the Sunset website.